Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Mods

Mods Armored Princess mods

Old 02-16-2010, 02:10 PM
Registered Member

Smile transplanting AP to TL

Hi there, I just came across this idea: transplanting all the AP skill tree, monsters, metals to TL, taking advantage of the huge map and numerous roaming armies in TL. Basically all the stuff are there in the data and session folder. My guess is that some tweaking in those .lua files need to be done to keep consistency. Are there anyone who's interested in doing this? we can form a team and share the loads. Any ideas?
Old 02-20-2010, 10:48 PM
Approved Member

probably against copywright, at least in other similar situations i have seen the developers step in to stop the project, morroblivion, for example
Old 02-20-2010, 11:18 PM
Approved Member

I've been toying with the same idea for a while now, but since my modding skills are next to non-existent, I decided against posting it.

But how could a project like this possibly violate copyrights? Doing free work instead of the developers with the goal of making the original game better. I cannot see how that would detract from AP or affect sales; the opposite, if anything.

P.S: I wasn't aware of the Morroblivion project. Looks to me like it's still going strong and the developers may have had no legal grounds for stopping the project. In any case, Morrowind and Oblivion are two completely different games, whereas AP is TL's expansion, using the same engine, etc.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metathron View Post
I've been toying with the same idea for a while now, but since my modding skills are next to non-existent, I decided against posting it.

But how could a project like this possibly violate copyrights? Doing free work instead of the developers with the goal of making the original game better. I cannot see how that would detract from AP or affect sales; the opposite, if anything.

P.S: I wasn't aware of the Morroblivion project. Looks to me like it's still going strong and the developers may have had no legal grounds for stopping the project. In any case, Morrowind and Oblivion are two completely different games, whereas AP is TL's expansion, using the same engine, etc.
from the FAQ

Wasn't Morroblivion shut down by Bethesda?

Morroblivion was only shut down on the official forums, and hosting of it on TES Nexus was taken down at Bethesda's request, due to some apparent licensing issues with using textures from Morrowind in Oblivion. Work on the project is still going on, however.

i would imagine the same would be true here, if you want to do it go ahead, just dont be suprised if 1c publishing asks you to stop
Old 03-13-2010, 11:48 PM
Registered Member

Its tons of work, but quite possible... Anyway if you want to play Amelie (in her sexy red armor, on foot) in KBTL, here you go...

P.S.: Technically you should get most of the new features and talents of the creature with the addon*.* files found in the ses.kfs, so copy these, copy the .atom, .bsa, .dds files from the creatures you want and make them upgradeable via the KBMaster/Training Camp (e.g. Griffin > Royal Griffin).
Attached Files
File Type: zip mod_amelie1_warrior.zip (5.45 MB, 24 views)

Last edited by Der Wanderer; 03-13-2010 at 11:55 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:39 PM
Approved Member

I might be saying something stupid but, how about transplanting TL maps to AP? Maybe it would be easier?
Ive read somewhere that the developers are going to release a map editor to AP soon, it means its possible to add/change maps, no?