Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qpassa View Post
Dear Oleg:
I have asked before and I think that you havent answer
Is going to be delivered the simulator in Spanish?
Thanks,keep working at this level ^^
Sorry, I don't think so. However anything may happens.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freycinet View Post
It is part of a FlaKstellung, an anti-aircraft battery:
[/IMG]
Really no. It is part of guidance system.
On this screen shot it was placed simply for the picture, but not as it is the system of AAA.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qpassa View Post
Dear Oleg:
I have asked before and I think that you havent answer
Is going to be delivered the simulator in Spanish?
Thanks,keep working at this level ^^

Sorry, I don't think so. However anything may happens.
Maybe a simple tool to make possible to translate the whole text?
Can be two columns style, left column with text in english and right column to enter wanted translation...

Thank you very much Oleg, for maintain contact with users.

Sorry for my bad english, but I hope you can understand me.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:46 PM
Approved Member

Oleg: Can you comment on Buttkicker support for SOW? It works decently in IL-2, but it's a bit "digital"... Wondering if the sound code programmers will pay special attention to this device to smooth out the transitions from on to off in the low frequency range it's designed to operate in...

Using a Buttkicker for sound augmentation is analogous to using a Track IR for view augmentation... It's a big improvement.

Can you comment?

Last edited by Caveman; 03-03-2010 at 02:06 AM.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman View Post
oleg: Can you comment on buttkicker support for sow. It works decently in il-2 but it's a bit "digital"... Wondering if the sound code will pay special attention to this device to smooth out the transitions from on to off in the low frequency range it's designed to operate in...

Using a buttkicker for sound augmentation is analogous to using a track ir for view augmentation... It's a big improvement.

Can you comment?
+1
Old 03-03-2010, 02:37 AM
Approved Member

A FREYA installation, for anyone interested.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
Unfortunatelly FF systems do not give us increasing of force except that this force is present in a couple of levels. So what you mean is really iompossible to make realistic. Usually just one stage FF IS and FF no... with jumping as wish the driver and system of FF joy.
I understand your meaning Oleg. Do you think it would be possible to pursue an intermediate course and make certain flight parameters available through devicelink or equivalent interface? Such as: IAS, control surface moment of inertia and position, engine power, and perhaps some sort of buffet signal as the airfoil approaches critical AoA so that those that have the wherewithal can construct their own FF mechanisms. I know that much of this is already present through devicelink, but the control surface information in particular would be useful.

I'm aware that a buffet signal could be abused, so perhaps that shouldn't be available online, there isn't much stall buffet noticeable through the stick in some aircraft anyway.

W.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:39 AM
Registered Member

Oleg,

It would be great if you could add compatibility with motion seats-motion platforms that exit outhere. More and more people are building their own motion platforms by themselves with their hands (see x-sim, mycockpit etc) for flightsimming and more companies are selling them too. Like Flightemotion, Ckas, Simbolrides, D-Box and so on. For my part I own a D-Box platform for flightsim. You often talk about immersion, and devices like this bring you a real sense of immersion.

I know for a fact that DCS Black Shark, FSX and X-Plane are compatible with D-Box. But the best one is missing: Il-2. I'm not an expert and I don't know how the compatiblity is done, but I heard it's very fast and easy to do.
How about something with SoW-BoB (and Il-2)?

look this with Black Shark: It gets more interesting at about 1m35'.

It's not my video.

It doesn't move a lot, but the effect combine with the view is incredible. Pitch, roll, engine vibrations, rolling on tarmac, rolling in dirt, grass etc.
I can imagine what it would be with gun effects and feelings of explosions.
Why not try with Il-2 first?

Like I said, more and more people are getting and building these and are less expensive than before. DSC is fantastic with motions. One part of future of flightsim is in this kind of immersion, I think.

thanks for considering
Ben
Old 03-03-2010, 05:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
Oleg: Can you comment on Buttkicker support for SOW? It works decently in IL-2, but it's a bit "digital"... Wondering if the sound code programmers will pay special attention to this device to smooth out the transitions from on to off in the low frequency range it's designed to operate in...

Using a Buttkicker for sound augmentation is analogous to using a Track IR for view augmentation... It's a big improvement.

Can you comment?
It is really something like subwoofer which instead of sound wave distribute the floor/chair wave.... by other words sound wave trasmitts into mechanical vibartion ... It is working exactly like subwoofer in terms of connection to sound card or home theather. Digital sound? It is only depending of this device. No needs any special support of such device. Its a toy.

You may place several such devices and tune it for different frequency of sound range... then it will shake you from guns by one device, or from engine by other device. Our by both in case of shell hit...

It is very simple device in terms of engineering.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAF74_Winger View Post
I understand your meaning Oleg. Do you think it would be possible to pursue an intermediate course and make certain flight parameters available through devicelink or equivalent interface? Such as: IAS, control surface moment of inertia and position, engine power, and perhaps some sort of buffet signal as the airfoil approaches critical AoA so that those that have the wherewithal can construct their own FF mechanisms. I know that much of this is already present through devicelink, but the control surface information in particular would be useful.

I'm aware that a buffet signal could be abused, so perhaps that shouldn't be available online, there isn't much stall buffet noticeable through the stick in some aircraft anyway.

W.
In device link we plan to give alsmot any information. And now we wouldn't limit it only for single play. I do think now that it was my little mistake to listen user's votes to prohibit it for online gameplay. To know G loading or to have separate normaly visible gauges on other panel isn't a cheat. We simply closed the development of some small industry around Il-2 in this case. it was really some mistake.
Not I think by other way. Experince of Il-2 gave me a lot of things to think .

Last edited by Oleg Maddox; 03-03-2010 at 05:52 AM.