Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 02-23-2010, 02:25 PM
Registered Member

Default Ranked game with heavy lagg exploited

I was playing 2vs2 Battle Zones. It was very heavy lags during the game, unplayable. for example-tryed to throw a grenade,but killed 2 of my soldiers with it.
I hope someone will ban this 2 players as they exploit the heavy lag or provoking it intentionally.
Their names are:
Korney[Stalingrad]
and
S.A.M.[Stalingrad]
Thank You
Old 02-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Approved Member

If you were the only one lagging and the lag affected your ability to play well, don't blame others for it. Unless there is some proof presented, I don't think anyone can do anything about it.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:14 AM
Registered Member

For sure I didn't lag nor my friend.
Q6700, GTX 275, 4 GB ram , 10mb cable net.
Q9550, GTX 285, 4 gb RAM, 20 mb cable net.
my ability to play was completely cut out by their lags
I played many laging games, but this was clearly not playable huge heavy lags. The ranked server should record every game. How they can verify if somebody using cheats? if they don't do that. In the recording they'll see clearly who and what.

Otherwise other people can do like them come with a P3 and 512 ram, onboard vga and win every ranked game because sure my enemy can't play on that lag and he'll quit>> that's how they exploit. And believe me is nothing you can do on that kind of lag.Is 100% luck if you can do something in direct control.

I lost other ranked games and I don't mind if is fair, but this was clearly an exploit or cheat.
So what proof you guys need but a recorded game.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:24 PM
Approved Member

playing ranked games with inofficial patch is (sry for bad word) only bullshit.
all ranked games are running about gamespy servers. and theses servers are not more than "low end pc" with worst ping (300ms - 1500ms !!) ever saw.
every PII pc with 56k modem can work much better than these dedicated network of servers from gamespy. thats my imho.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:59 PM
Approved Member

So, does this lag exploit explain while in game it goes fine for awhile, no side getting any real upper hand or one side is barely winning. Then at some point in the game there is a huge lag spike then right after it one side starts to just steam roll the other and units cant hit, get 1 shotted, cant kill anything. My dad has had that happen a few times.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:23 AM
Approved Member

banning people for a unknown cause like the example you give can happen to any of us yes even you.

so i agree with [SOE]No.Mam's about gamespy servers and the BS.

lag is cause by many things the most common lag is.

1 - low-end PC so you have to set all your setting on low if you have a high end PC is recommended setting it on low too to keep it in sync.

2 - your internet connection in many case lag are cause by the router setup and of cause your hosting server and also some programs maybe running in the background that take some of your bandwidth so closing programs that you don't use will help .

3- distance for example if your in Asia and i am in Europe the ping is 250 up to 400 because that is the time is take for it to receive the signal because of the distance.

feel free to correct me if i am wrong.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Registered Member

Default Thank you all for the input

Gm spy is not just full of adds and spyware have shity servers too. Great what can I say. From my point of view the "Recruitment" button should be erased from the menu. It's not worth staying there if cannot provide something reliable.
If the system can see our PC specs why not aranged the matching in ranked games by specs so won't be a huge synk between an i7 and P3 from the start?
Many people buying games and good PC's to enjoy the graphik not just in the campaign but in multi too.
The only good thing is that you don't need to install Gm spy in order to play Multiplayer as it was for Soldiers H of WW2.