Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

View Poll Results: Do Red/Blackouts improve the game?
Yes 29 85.29%
No 5 14.71%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2009, 01:56 AM
lost cause

I love it too! I can fly planes in multiplayer I never could before. Boom and zoom is now a good strategy as well as, another poster said, other tactics. But getting to use the mustang, the FWs, the 47 and some others is like playing a new game again. Hell, I'm even going to try the 110!!!
Old 12-10-2009, 09:08 AM
Approved Member

Personally I'm pretty happy with them. It adds another dimension to Sim matches, one that was sorely lacking. Maybe it should have been optional for the server though, as at least that way people who were used to the old game mechanics could still continue to play that way.
I wouldn't worry Infinitestates, you're a good pilot and you'll get used to this after a while. I think the trick is learning to use it to your advantage, rather than seeing it as a hindrance.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkdeath5000 View Post
I dont think they improve or disprove the game its just gonna take some getting used to, the blackouts have changed everything.
I think this is the crux of my problem, so I will just have to put in the practise... And thanks Rhah - we had some good close games
Old 01-24-2010, 08:17 PM
Approved Member

Real deal experience, YES!
Old 01-26-2010, 10:42 PM
Approved Member

In a way it is better, on xbox 360 without the patch, most dogfight and team battle matches turn into a turning fight. Whoever turns best wins; if your plane is for boom and zoom or other tactics, you have very little chance to win. There is little or no room for not turning, but blackouts and redouts might end this and bring tactics to a higher level. Right now, it is practice turning and shooting, maybe a boom and zoom might get a kill here and there but he will not be competative. It might level the playing field and give everybody a chance to do what they like. I get tired of flying in circles all the time trying to get a bead on someone.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:00 PM
Approved Member

red/blackouts are no points in bnz-tactics.
the real point is, if a damaged plane hit the ground in one minut after the impacts, u get the score.
thats why bnz-tactics after the patch works very well.
isnt it ? ^^
if u get a blackout in a bnz. u will be dead, because u loose to much speed to escape.