Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Magiс system and Pet Dragon

Magiс system and Pet Dragon Questions, tips and discussions

Old 01-21-2010, 01:42 AM
Approved Member

The game was delayed forever in coming to the States and everyone was like, "Well, translation is hard work and I want them to translate properly so don't mind waiting" etc etc and then when the game is released, we still had shoddy translation. Seriously? All you need is a SINGLE bilingual Russian/English speaker that knows there crap. Thats it. Translation isn't that hard. There really isn't that much text. How does stupid crap like this happen?
Old 01-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitelite View Post
The game was delayed forever in coming to the States and everyone was like, "Well, translation is hard work and I want them to translate properly so don't mind waiting" etc etc and then when the game is released, we still had shoddy translation. Seriously? All you need is a SINGLE bilingual Russian/English speaker that knows there crap. Thats it. Translation isn't that hard. There really isn't that much text. How does stupid crap like this happen?
You're assuming at least a couple of things.

1) that the orignal Russian game doesn't have the same misinformation. A perfect translation of wrong information would still be wrong information.

2) that the game is exactly the same between the Russian version and the US. The devs could have rebalanced how some things work.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:24 PM
Approved Member

Actually the Russian game was clean as a whistle and almost everything was perfectly clarified. This is why I was on edge when I first saw the english translation and this is why I made the info thread and the discreancies thread to help the players who did not have the chance to go through the russian version.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:14 PM
Registered Member

I got the impression that the translator was an excellent linguist... but not a gamer at all.

The storyline translations are spot-on, but the tooltips which even in your own native language don't make sense without knowledge of the game seem to have come out wrong a fair number of times.