Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Approved Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynlion View Post
Some time ago I was flying a leg between Minneapolis MN and Charlotte NC at about 35,000 ft when ATC announced traffic at 11 Oclock and 2,000 feet below, oposite direction. Turned out to be a B-2 on his way home to Whiteman AFB after a LOOOONNNGGG mission overseas, probably Afghanistan. The thing was gorgeous, and HUGE, much bigger than I expected. It gave me goosebumps thinking about how the guys inside that plane had been in combat only hours before, how long their mission was, how many people might have died because of it or had been saved because of it, and once again the sheer beauty of the B-2. When I asked ATC how they coud track it on radar he replied that the B-2 crews need to have their transponders active whenever they're under ATC control
Oh wow, that must have been one hell of a sight seeing a B-2 2,000ft below you. im yet to go to a airshow that has the B-2 as a display act, id kill to see one up close. Maybe Fairford air tattoo has one? i know the F-117 used to fly there
Old 01-18-2010, 04:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire23 View Post
Oh wow, that must have been one hell of a sight seeing a B-2 2,000ft below you. im yet to go to a airshow that has the B-2 as a display act, id kill to see one up close. Maybe Fairford air tattoo has one? i know the F-117 used to fly there
Maybe this year, or farnborough perhaps?