Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteStates View Post
I doubt it. The amounts of money required to publish a game are staggeringly high compared to what a developer makes for creating the game.
How much are we talking about for publishing a game? I mean, properly, with a good amount of advertising. Any idea?
Old 01-14-2010, 02:25 AM
Approved Member

Easily upward of a million I would have thought. You have to pay for development, marketing, production, storage, distribution and any license fees. To be honest, I don't know hard figures involved with either development milestones, or publishing, but I do know that the development studios cost (team salary + rent + profit) x duration. For publisher's cost, marketing I think is that largest bulk.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACADEMIC View Post
that Anton will try to get it to the consoles through other avenues than BOP, perhaps publish himself. The cooperation with BOP's publisher probably didn't work out the way he's hoped for and it also seems he's now been silenced through contractual obligatons. Hopefully he'll manage, and we'll soon all be meeting on PS3 WOP, with all the features, DLC and updates he'd like to provide, but obviously can't for BOP.
Hey, I hear that the "FLY-BY" camera view is coming to WOP... is this a fact? I will be so grateful if BOP got it too.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV 1611 View Post
Hey, I hear that the "FLY-BY" camera view is coming to WOP... is this a fact? I will be so grateful if BOP got it too.
in sim, multiplayer, there is only 1 view. But there is fly-by view in Replay, have not checked the other modes (realistic, arcade).

another thing I would like BoP get from WoP, is tracers and gun and engine sounds. BoP sounds are lame in my opinion

I could get a video made, but dont know how to make my replays videos
Old 01-14-2010, 05:44 AM
Approved Member

I've also noticed better sound in the air rushing by the cockpit. Nice touch!
It's not only a great looking game, but it isn't nearly as hardware intensive as it looks like it should be--probably thanks to the console optimization first maybe? BOP looks great, WOP just looks even more polished. Boats in the water at Dover have wakes that I don't remember seeing (I could be wrong). Download the demo at yuPlay. It's locked at no higher than "high" (or below) so you can't get to the 2 higher settings. Even at high it looks incredible, at the highest...no other flight sim looks this good. Runs like a dream. Try the demo, play with settings, I bet many are surprised they can run it and how well.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:54 PM
Approved Member

i wonder if sales and reviews met the publishers expectations? maybe thats why it seems like they kinda said "f this game, only a small handful like it" .
Old 01-16-2010, 01:13 PM
Approved Member

I downloaded the demo and installed it, selected my settings, but when I went to start it up I got a runtime error. It was worth a shot, but I figured it wasn't going to happen. Oh well, a new rig is on my wish list for sure.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:19 PM
Approved Member

Runtime error could be caused by DLLs or anything - you got the latest DirectX or whatever it uses?