Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost cause View Post
I cannot commit suicide under any conditions. My code requires me to die fighting or save myself so I can kick more ass later, not to mention giving my opponent a possible kill. The very thought of it makes me putrid (is that a word?). It is cheating and blatantly tells all "I suck and the only way I can try to win is kamakazi". Suicide is for cowards and weak minded ass holes says I!!!!

I hate being any bomber that flys like a bomber. He-111, B17, IL4, Blenheim(what shitty name for a plane). The A20 is excellent and so is the P47. The Stukas are fun as hell to fly but those guns suck and they don't carry that oomph, but can do some damage, at least the D. Those are my 3 favorites. I can take the 17 on occasion and have fun with the guns trying to ward off attackers and the bomb load is great to unleash on bunched up targets.

I always end up on the 6 of a bomber. No matter how hard I try to BZ or get side shots. Always end up on the 6. I've got to get him before he unloads on my targets, dammit! So like Kozzm0 says, roll dip and dive to throw off his aim and fill his ass with lead!!!!!
Sir, the IL-4 flies like an angel, wings spread out like that of a dove, gently guiding us to victory.

Seriously though, IL-10 all the way. No suicide here. If I get shot up and my engine is failing, I'll glide it to the ground and stay there until I get strafed. Every time a Sturmovik dies, Stalin sheds a tear. Do you really want to be the reason Stalin got emotional? Do you really? A diving on an enemy? That's not a dive, that's just a hard landing! Pop your landing gear out and you take that airfield after punishing the enemies of the Motherland!

Again, it's late...bombers are meant to fly like bombers though, they bomb...stupid Arado...I wonder how many allied soldiers looked up to the skies during WW2, saw the Arado, and raised their fists in frustration as it bombed their generic pillboxes and flew off. Bet they said "Damn you, Hitler! That thing is really gay!" And then rage quit. Guh. Goodnight.