Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:38 AM
Approved Member

I'm in love with Repair and Guard Droids, never have I seen such superb animation of a unit in RPG before...to bad you can only fill 2 slots with them.

Btw, I got lucky with some artifacts so now even the droids have over 20% critical, and I just discovered that Paladin has Prayer skill which is all about critical, I'm wondering if Paladin is better than Warrior?
If you have no losses you quickly gain leadership anyway....

P.S.

I hope items are not totally random again...
Old 11-25-2009, 09:08 AM
Approved Member

Well, the way I see it, the Paladin can be much easier to play than the warrior. Yes, there is a certain handicap when it comes to rage and mana, but you can always be certain that you can waste an entire stack and still be fine with that, as the Paladin hero will resurrect it fully, provided she has lvl 3 Resurrection skill. That's like doing a no-loss victory with losses. Big deal

This also tranforms into extra cash. Not having to replenish lost troops is a boon. I remember buying a ton of runes with the spare cash I had from my paladin game on impossible. At one point I had about 2.6 mil and nowhere to spend them but runes. So with proper tactics and a bit dodgy start in the beginning (until you manage to get lvl 3 resurrection skill), the paladin will easily rule the game.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:11 AM
Approved Member

I don't like the paladin much because he pigeon-holes you into using those specific units he has bonuses for.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:14 AM
Approved Member

Not exactly. You can always skip getting this medal and play an undead army with him. Use target on the cursed ghosts, and as long as you keep everything in shape, and only units from troop die, you will practically suffer mo-loss victories with losses

As such, the paladin can be both good or bad - and doing it equally well
Old 11-25-2009, 09:21 AM
Approved Member

Yea, you can, but the bonus is just too good to ignore, at least imo.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:27 AM
Approved Member

It indeed is, I can confirm that.

But still, not every playthrough must be conforming to the general expectations from a certain char - like warrior who must cast battle cry all the time to get that +rage medal, a paladin who must use paladins, inquisitors and priests throughout the game and use healing at least twice in battle, or a mage who must use flaming arrow at least three times per battle to get that wicked + mana medal