Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Approved Member

To long and to bad words......
I'am just fed up with this game.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:07 PM
Approved Member

I was so hapy to buy it 2 month ago and I don't play it beacause of stupid problems (stick, MP, .....) the Pc games were so nice to play (snif, snif)
Old 11-13-2009, 02:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winny View Post
I've kept quiet about this whole update soap opera, but I'd just like to say that I'm really disappointed that it's gonna be at least another 4 weeks till the update comes out. I love the game but I'd like to be able to, at the very least, check what's behind me in sim mode when using a stick.. Cockpits would have been a bonus. With hindsight wouldn't it have been easier to release a couple of updates (like everybody else seems to) one to address the gameplay issues and then a 'cosmetics' one later? Said my bit.. off to play FIFA.
I'm sorry but, why does everyone keep bitching about the lack of cockpits? I mean if you fly arcade or realistic, you dont fly in the cockpit anyway you play 3rd persion; if its sim you play virtual cockpit, i dont know anyone that plays inside the cockpit because its to hard to see and you get restricted rear-vision.
Yes it would be nice, but honestly what is the point in having more cockpits when they are never used!
Persides, I still find it nothing short of amazing that all the dials and controls in the cockpits that are in the game are fully working; that shocked me!
Maybe its because I found this game on the off chance that I'm so impressed, or maybe its because I've played most of the flight sims available for the PC that I'm glad to see at least someone try to make a game like this on the consoles; but it seems to me that most people are unhappy with the first attempt ever made to put a flight sim on a console; I mean christ, you cant expect everything to be perfect.
Yes it was rushed out, yes there are a few bugs and yes there are cockpits missing, but I mean come'on people, its playable, its enjoyable, the sounds are good, the graphics are the best I've seen on a flight game ever on a console, it actually lets you have control of flaps and such, give it a break will you!
Old 11-13-2009, 02:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haitch40 View Post
translate?
Google translate FTW...?

Me I just open my ass waiting for a damn update to play this game ...
I do not really understand why everything is so long, I had such a good time to play MP on older versions of IL2 when I knew the game went on Ps3 compatible with a joy I threw myself over . And since nothing, the game is just horrible to play with joy (dead zone and unable to watch derière ...) and rather than playing it for hours waiting to finally have a 1 vs 1 while rots ...
So I find it hard to believe your promises after 2 months of waiting.
Knowing the games that you proposed in the past I found that BOP is simply a catcher who can not coillons ankle versions Pc ....
So thank you for dreaming but it would have been better to propose a finite set that can compete with the older versions ....
Sorry to post in French but I can plus round legs to know who to blame.
This game is simply not worthy of the name of IL2.
And in any case even if the update comes out one day (I was beginning to doubt it) you've broken my joy and enthusiasm towards this license ....

And deja vu, but again, +1 to SloppyClock

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy_clock View Post
Yes it was rushed out, yes there are a few bugs and yes there are cockpits missing, but I mean come'on people, its playable, its enjoyable, the sounds are good, the graphics are the best I've seen on a flight game ever on a console, it actually lets you have control of flaps and such, give it a break will you!

Last edited by InfiniteStates; 11-13-2009 at 02:17 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteStates View Post
Google translate FTW...?

Me I just open my ass waiting for a damn update to play this game ...
I do not really understand why everything is so long, I had such a good time to play MP on older versions of IL2 when I knew the game went on Ps3 compatible with a joy I threw myself over . And since nothing, the game is just horrible to play with joy (dead zone and unable to watch derière ...) and rather than playing it for hours waiting to finally have a 1 vs 1 while rots ...
So I find it hard to believe your promises after 2 months of waiting.
Knowing the games that you proposed in the past I found that BOP is simply a catcher who can not coillons ankle versions Pc ....
So thank you for dreaming but it would have been better to propose a finite set that can compete with the older versions ....
Sorry to post in French but I can plus round legs to know who to blame.
This game is simply not worthy of the name of IL2.
And in any case even if the update comes out one day (I was beginning to doubt it) you've broken my joy and enthusiasm towards this license ....

And deja vu, but again, +1 to SloppyClock
Yep the translate is almost ok....
And for SloppyClock, I'am usded to play only MP so actualy it is not "enjoyable"
Old 11-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs up Thx for the patch

We now know it IS coming for sure.
Anyway, IMHO BoP is already great out-of-the-box as it is.
There are a few omissions, but I guess the patch will deal with those.
I've played many PC sims in my days and enjoy BoP quite a bit.
Remeber BoP has to take into account it is being developped for a console ... and just that fact made/makes it great for the PS3.
This patch will make BoP stand out even more above and beyond any other PS3 offering that I know of.
I've picked up HAWX from the cheap-o-bin and let me tell you all: if you want to complain ... at least BoP can be enjoyed as an arcade game as well as a (not-hardcore) sim !
I love everything about BoP, especially the mere fact that it exists and is one of a kind.
Thx for the patch.

Last edited by simfan; 11-13-2009 at 02:44 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:53 PM
Approved Member

A lot of people like myself want more cockpits for the realism. I still think BoP is really awesome though, even without axis cockpits. When we get them it will be even better! Actually I like to fly with the cockpit on, I used to do virtual cockpit but I got used to having the visual reference of my virtual pit.

Alas Dragon Age is stealing all of my flying time! I'l be back to MP soon though. (Maybe DA:O is a long game!)
Old 11-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy_clock View Post
I'm sorry but, why does everyone keep bitching about the lack of cockpits? I mean if you fly arcade or realistic, you dont fly in the cockpit anyway you play 3rd persion; if its sim you play virtual cockpit, i dont know anyone that plays inside the cockpit because its to hard to see and you get restricted rear-vision.
Yes it would be nice, but honestly what is the point in having more cockpits when they are never used!
Persides, I still find it nothing short of amazing that all the dials and controls in the cockpits that are in the game are fully working; that shocked me!
Maybe its because I found this game on the off chance that I'm so impressed, or maybe its because I've played most of the flight sims available for the PC that I'm glad to see at least someone try to make a game like this on the consoles; but it seems to me that most people are unhappy with the first attempt ever made to put a flight sim on a console; I mean christ, you cant expect everything to be perfect.
Er.... I wasn't bitching about the cockpits... I was saying that I'd rather they fix the game before they sort the cockpits.. Just wanted to clarify
Old 11-14-2009, 10:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktorwzzerd View Post
A lot of people like myself want more cockpits for the realism. I still think BoP is really awesome though, even without axis cockpits. When we get them it will be even better! Actually I like to fly with the cockpit on, I used to do virtual cockpit but I got used to having the visual reference of my virtual pit.

Alas Dragon Age is stealing all of my flying time! I'l be back to MP soon though. (Maybe DA:O is a long game!)
I can think of a good reason to have cockpits: when you have to break out of plane in a turn to spoil an imminent gunshot, one of the best time-honored maneuvers is to break nearly vertical, up or down, spot the bogey on your wing, and then roll to keep them on the wing. It doesn't work unless you keep the wing pointed at the bogey. (Even then, it's hella hard to do in BOP).

But in MP using a cockpit makes it way harder to aim... if there was a "cockpit only" option online, that would be better. Right now using a cockpit means having to get up close for the kill unless you hardly have to lead the target at all.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverCompany01 View Post
what about the xbox 360 update?
I'm curious also, I mean, wouldn't MS love to get a jump on Sony? Any reason why they would wait?