Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:33 PM
Approved Member

Default Latest landing achievment...

Some already know that I love "creative" landings... After landing on the piers of Dover, then the wall in the Dover port. Then onto landing in the streets of Berlin.. Today, I did another cool landing, however, not the most difficult. I landed on the rooftops of the factories next to the river in Stalingrad. I just wanted to see if the roofs could be landed on.

Also, I wish I had a recorder today. I like to buzz around in training mode just to see what I can get away with and what I can not (lots of crashes). I like to fly very low to the ground, in, through, and around obsticles. There were two buildings (can't remember where). I was flying feet off the streets in town, and two buildings were actually on the road with enough room for only my fuelsalage (maybe). I was going too fast, but didn't realize there was not enough room until it was too late to pull up. I did a textbook roll to the left and zipped right through the crack in-between the buildings. There was barely enough room between the buildings even for that, but would have definitely taken my wings off if I stayed on level flight path.. It shocked me, as much as it shocked my daughter. We celibrated, and wished I had a recorder and got that on video...

Anybody have any other extreme landings to brag about? I am looking for a new challenge..
Old 10-27-2009, 10:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudorp15 View Post
Anybody have any other extreme landings to brag about? I am looking for a new challenge..
Yup. I Belly landed a A20G Havok after an incident wich rear landing gear broke off. I only had the nose wheel left, but i maneged to pull it of and landed the S*cker. and I even took off with the help of all my WEP!

that was cool. try it out. i did it at Hawkings..
Old 10-28-2009, 12:43 AM
Approved Member

Awesome, you certainly do love your extraordinary landings dont you

@RED: Good idea imma go try that out
Old 10-28-2009, 01:40 AM
Approved Member

I flew through the streets of Berlin, and got BOTH of my wings torn off. It was weird because I thought the fuselage would just go into a spin. But the damn thing just skidded across the street. And didn't blow up!! I was both shocked, amazed, and completely insane for those last 15 minutes. Wish I had some pictures.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:46 AM
Approved Member

guess were going to have to go up and find the wierdest spots to land
Old 10-28-2009, 06:45 AM
Approved Member

not quite a landing but on one of the houses in dover i hit the roof with my wheels down at about 250mph and bounced up to about 2300ft.
only done it once mind.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:08 AM
Approved Member

hey tudorp if you want a challange how about trying to land in the grounds of the castle at dover?

ive been trying it for a while now after reading your landing in the streets thread only had many many crashes so far oh and there are some flak positions there quite detailed too even to the point of having soilders maning the guns !!
Old 10-28-2009, 11:05 AM
Approved Member

I'm going to Dover..

Old 10-28-2009, 05:08 PM
Approved Member

Shame you aren't on PS3 else you could take screen shots of your plane in all these weird places...