Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexandro View Post
IIRC fighter tactics at the outbreak of the war were large formation wing efforts with weapons tuned to around 800-1200 yards (depending on armament). Combat pilots realised quickly that this was a foolhardy setup, and most flights implemented a buddy system (wingman) with weapons retuned to very close range (300-400 yards). THis was so pilots could get in close, fire off a single burst and disengage. Hurricane pilots were most noted for this, as the gunners on German aircraft were deadly and no hurri pilot wanted to hang around trying to "aim" at longer ranges.
Thank you, knowledgeable sir!
Old 10-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev View Post
300yds, afaik. I've checked, but forgot to post
I think it is a bit different for different planes - but I don't know.
Actually, Pavel Kulikov is the game who knows for sure , you can ask him (http://forum.yuplay.com/index.php?showforum=7 ).
Right now, the game is released, and all details are public.

Thanks for the info Anton!
Old 10-27-2009, 04:56 PM
Registered Member

wrong thread....sorry
Old 10-28-2009, 03:24 AM
Approved Member

anyone have problems scoring hits with La-5 / La-7 as compared to the 109 series? It feels and looks different, almost like the convergence is off.

Both models should have 2 × 20 mm ShVAK cannons.. which were solid from everything I can gather.

Almost seems like the muzzle velocity on the rounds is very low or something. I can never get the lead right after flying other planes.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln's Revenge View Post
anyone have problems scoring hits with La-5 / La-7 as compared to the 109 series? It feels and looks different, almost like the convergence is off.

Both models should have 2 × 20 mm ShVAK cannons.. which were solid from everything I can gather.

Almost seems like the muzzle velocity on the rounds is very low or something. I can never get the lead right after flying other planes.
I'm a bit confused at your question? Are you asking, that the La-5FN and La-7 have a different firing convergence than the 109s? Because if so, then yes they are different.

OR

Are you asking the difference between the La-5FN and La-7 20mm ShVAK cannons?

Sorry if it seems dumb. I'm just really tired, and just got back home.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln's Revenge View Post

Most 109s (aside from the E-3 and G-6 with underwing cannon gondolas) don't actually have convergence as their weapons are mounted on the engine cowling and in the spinner. Due to that they are the most accurate gun platforms in the game. I'm not an expert on the 20mm ShVAK cannons, but all cannons have significantly lower muzzle velocities and rates of fire than 7.62 or 12.5mm ammunition, so yeah, you're gonna get some significant drop going on.