Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Tips and hints for Single player campaign

Tips and hints for Single player campaign May contain SPOILERs

Old 08-29-2009, 04:34 AM
Registered Member

Default Calling in an Airstrike (help please...!)

Could somebody please help me out? I'm trying to get through "The Last Stand" and am getting obliterated every time! The guy who made the video walkthrough (on youtube) calls in airplanes as reinforcements. But my screen shows no airplanes or tanks on the right panel. They don't appear at all (not even grayed-out). Is there something wrong with my game? Or do I need to do something special to make the airplane icon appear on the right? I would be so grateful for some help! Thank you!

Stephen
Old 08-29-2009, 05:13 AM
Approved Member

To get air support you have to be playing on Normal or Hard. You start off with the light tank in all three difficulties.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:00 PM
Registered Member

Thank you very much for the reply! I now understand how to get airplanes. However, I do not have a light tank available to me either. The biggest weapon I can choose from is the Flak Gun or 76mm gun, but no tank. Any thoughts on that? Thanks again!
Old 08-29-2009, 04:55 PM
Approved Member

I've tried it on all difficulties and I always have the T26 light tank. Could be the versions, I'm using 1.11.3
Old 08-30-2009, 11:31 PM
Registered Member

Strange, actually. I'm also using 1.11.3, but there is definitely no tank. Could it be dependent upon how well I have played up to this point?

Incidentally, I tried your save game and was indeed able to call in the airstrikes, tanks, etc.. But I really don't want to cheat to get through the game, so I'm still stuck trying to beat "The Last Stand" (with no tank support). Thank you again.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:12 AM
Approved Member

Sorry I couldn't help on the tank issue. I don't think this game has carry-over, other than mission progression. Maybe it's a glitch, I just don't know if I have the glitch or you. I hope the saved game was at least fun. Well good luck.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xalamandros View Post
Strange, actually. I'm also using 1.11.3, but there is definitely no tank. Could it be dependent upon how well I have played up to this point?

Incidentally, I tried your save game and was indeed able to call in the airstrikes, tanks, etc.. But I really don't want to cheat to get through the game, so I'm still stuck trying to beat "The Last Stand" (with no tank support). Thank you again.
First what dificulty are you playing on.Second you do realise after you have completed missions,if you press continue you play on,except your reinforcements run out,their's dont,you did realise that didnt you.

P.S. Your version isnt pirate copy is it lol.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:45 AM
Registered Member

Kane 1 and Morgoth,

Thanks so much! Sorry I didn't answer sooner. I finally figured out what happened. I had saved the game at a point where available reinforcements had changed, and tanks were no longer an option. When I simply restarted the whole mission from the beginning, I did have the option to call in a tank. So game is A OK! (P.S. No my game is not pirate; in fact, I bought two copies of the game so I can play multiplayer at home some day when I've a little extra time...!).

Thanks again,

Xalamander