Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD download, installation and activation threads

CoD download, installation and activation threads All discussions about installation, online activation and Steam

Old 04-05-2011, 07:21 AM
Registered Member

Default Location of Skins, Records etc.

S! gents

I'm running Windows on a "rather small" SSD and want to avoid skins and records being saved on it. Over the last couple of years my IL-2 folder has grown to several GB of data.

Now, is there any possibility to swap the Cliffs of Dover folder in my "Users/Documents/..." - path onto my2TB HDD (where steam and the game itself is installed)?
I mean, as far as I understand, the".../steam/applications/..../cliffsofdover/PaintSchemes" folder does not have the purpose as it had in IL-2. If you put your skins into it, they are not displayed in the game menu!

The more I see, the more I think this whole steam thing is totally blindfold. I wasn't even able to select the game path during the installation process.

Thx in advance!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:32 AM
Approved Member

Hi Zimmi!
The game has to go in the same location as steam unfortunately.
As for moving the users/documents location,I wonder if just making a new folder for this and moving it to the hard drive would work?
users/my documents/il2 softclub etc...does that HAVE to be installed on C/ ?