Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Mods

Mods Men of War mods and other improvements

Old 09-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Registered Member

Smile Paintball Mod

I just had a great idea .. someone should make a Paintball Mod for Men Of War That Wud Be Sooooo Cool
Old 09-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonG5 View Post
I just had a great idea .. someone should make a Paintball Mod for Men Of War That Wud Be Sooooo Cool
No it wouldnt,how would you see the little guys getting hit,& what would the objective be,except maybe to satisfy parents who dont want there kids playing killing games.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:06 AM
Approved Member

...You gotta be kidding?

What's next, making a mod to turn it into a car racing game?

It's an RTS not a FPS, a paintball mod would be a pointless waste of time to make and extremely dull to play.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:11 AM
Approved Member

Wink yea and no

that would be an awsome idea but people dont die from paint balls and when someone gets hit by them they run away not drop dead with a blood spatter and paint balls leave a huge mess not just bullet holes in certain oblects but other then thoose 2 cons the pros exceed them it would be fun to play

ide try it if i could acctu;ly instal mods poperly ty mow for making mods so f____ imposible to install well not that MoWs not a good game its my fav right now
its teh best
cyl
Post done.

Last edited by Cmdr.Miskyavine; 10-19-2009 at 12:56 PM. Reason: lol nvm about the instal thing i can instal em now
Old 09-28-2009, 02:07 PM
Registered Member

The MoW mods aren't hard to install. Just make a folder called "mods" in your MoW directory and then activate them in options.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:55 PM
Approved Member

Its possible, i've heard of BF2 and BF1942 games having such stuff such as a paintball mod. Go for it!
Old 09-28-2009, 11:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsakov829 View Post
Its possible, i've heard of BF2 and BF1942 games having such stuff such as a paintball mod. Go for it!
I'm sorry, but how is that supposed to make sense?

The Battlefield series are all FPS games, games that involve the player running around shooting - Of course they have paintball mods, it goes without saying, every FPS game has one of those these days.

MoW is not an FPS. It would make no sense having a purely FPS based mod created for an RTS.
Sure it might work, but i still think it would be dull as ever.

Using only 1 soldier, and not really killing anyone? What's the point?
Why not just edit the game so 1 bullet = instant death and you can pretend you are using red paintballs?..
Old 09-29-2009, 02:25 PM
Registered Member

Paint ball mod sounds cool but sounds like to much work and prob will get boring real fast.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:22 PM
Approved Member

It would get boring for most after awhile. Increase the speed, bullet damage, differant weapons, textures, if this mod is even created and finished all that work into it will be at a loss if no one even likes it. MoW might be considered a Third-Person shooter with direct control mode aswell. The possibilities with editing and modding MoW are almost without limit.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:37 AM
Approved Member

That's a good point Korsakov.
With the ability to attach the camera to the unit someone could make a decent 3rd person mod. Maybe something along the lines of the level in the US campaign when you are put behind the gun of the jeep (or whatever it was) as the driver cruised around the German camps.

Or even make something similar to Death to Spies Though i guess (again, in the US campaign) we already have a few stealth missions.