Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I've been looking at these yellow walls for three plus years, and I haven't had a seizure yet.
Of course not, you're a banana. You're in your element here
Old 03-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Approved Member

Originally Posted by highness
Making it "OPTIONAL" is not a good idea, because that would cost some precious development time and coding for developpers instead of having them focused on others much more important things

the best thing is just get rid of that crap and have just an explicit / picture showing a warning !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger View Post
..aaaand here's a new benchmark for selfishness.. thank you...
That swings both ways, you could say the epileptic person is being selfish and only thinking of themselves too.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Approved Member

It would surprise me that the filter [assuming it is the cause of problems] could not be made optional.
It is clearly not hard-coded into the game.
I imagine a conf.ini setting could be linked to the filter code to switch it off. Minimal work would be required to do so.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike_UK View Post
That swings both ways, you could say the epileptic person is being selfish and only thinking of themselves too.
Except that we would trade fun for serious health problems.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insuber View Post
Except that we would trade fun for serious health problems.
I smoke one packs of cigs each day, sometimes even some funny herbs: Trust me you can have both.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:14 PM
Approved Member

In the UK if a TV programme or news report has flashing photography in it they give a verbal warning that it contains flash photography
Surely if they can broadcast live to millions all at once a sim/game is capable of issuing a warning so that anyone carrying on past the warning accepts responsibility of their own actions.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:04 PM
Approved Member

You can buy a gun at a gun show and all the ammo you want but you cannot buy this game from UBI because it has flashes and a spinning prop and it go boom.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

The epilepsy filter is going to be removed once they tweak the graphics in a way that doesn't present dangers for epilepsy. That means we'll get the FPS back, we just don't know how the visual effects will be handled: for example, are they just going to be less bright or disabled altogether in some cases?

That's what is the core of the issue to be honest. If they disable all the muzzle flashes, the bullet impacts and the night exhaust flames then it's going to be a bit disappointing. I'm still getting a collector's edition (i have it on pre-order) because in all likelihood there will mod packs with the stock effect packs.

You know me, i always like options. So, since they already have the stock "seizure inducing" effect pack and they are now coding a secondary "epilepsy friendly" effect pack, why not have both of them and be able to choose?

Like i said, if devs can't do it for legal reasons, modders will do soon enough
Old 03-25-2011, 07:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_G View Post
It would surprise me that the filter [assuming it is the cause of problems] could not be made optional.
It is clearly not hard-coded into the game.
I imagine a conf.ini setting could be linked to the filter code to switch it off. Minimal work would be required to do so.
We've already seen that the conf.ini does have a true false setting for it. It was posted yesterday, but the threads have been so numerous and the posting so frantic I can't find it anymore.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:21 PM
Sternjaeger

highness and shrike UK, I feel for you guys, how can you be such douchebags?!