Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 12-17-2012, 09:32 PM
Approved Member

Default Ice ball

Is it worth getting ice ball to lvl 3 ?
Im currently playing no loss mage on imp , just cleared first 2 islands and weak monsters from the other 2 but did not found any decent summons so far , none but ice ball.
On my previous run i had blizzard (and gift) to rely on but now i really feel the lack of damage from spells. WD just does not cut it anymore.
Im not doing great with crystals so i got to chose between trying out iceball , maxing out natures call(which kinda sux) or most likely investing more into distortion to max out phantom.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:13 PM
Approved Member

You have one summon spell for free from the crow on the first island, that egg, off course all range enemies target that first.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:38 PM
Approved Member

Yeah . . that egg.Cant rly count on it. Dies in 1 hit and needs 1 turn+ to hatch. . not rly something i can count on against lots of ranged. And those are the only ones that are hard so far.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Approved Member

So . . anyone with some insight about ice ball rank 3 ? useful spell ? crap ? anyting?
Old 12-18-2012, 07:57 PM
Approved Member

since no reply i think it sucks
Old 12-18-2012, 08:23 PM
Approved Member

You said you need something to take care of range attackers, without any summons (we establish that egg just doesn’t cut it), fear and blind doesn’t works against the dead, and if you lack of ice prison then that ball might be your last resort. It will for sure agro some melee and ranged for turn or two.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:33 PM
Approved Member

First q was about ice ball and then some content for future advices.
Seems like mass phantom for unlimited revives will be my go . . or at least until i get a decent summon. Sux dragon of chaos is a wanderer scroll now . .and a weak one at that.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:52 AM
Approved Member

Best summon is Ancient Phoenix.

Greasy Mist, fast interdictor + Ancient Phoenix means you hit the enemy in round 1 with ancient phoenix doing tons of damage. If it survives the retaliation, you've done a crap ton of damage AND have a tank.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:06 AM
Registered Member

Yup, and it sync well with the spell tree (order). You will be mainly using lvl 3 healing for the undead units on the first 4 islands, after you get to Greenwort Phoenix can take over nicely.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Approved Member

So far i got lucky with blind/phantom and didnt need any dmg spells but it went quite slow. Hope it will change once if finish spider.