Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > 7,62

7,62 Tactical action game, sequel to Brigade E5

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2009, 02:57 PM
Approved Member

Default Fixes

There are some easy fixes to the problems mentioned in this thread. I'll try to guide you as best I can on how to fix them for yourself.

First: The "leave sector" and "black screen" bugs can be fixed by setting all files in your 7.62\BMP\HUP\ to Read-Only. there are several files in the sub folders, so I recommend you do this once and then zip up a handy back-up if a re-install is needed later.

Secondly: There are some issues with the english localisation that leave a few things untranslated in your 7.62\ini\items\ folder. The files are: ADDONINFO and WEAPONINFO. Just open them with notepad and search for the cyrillic letters. In the ADDONIFO file it's mostly the "mm" for the grenades that has been left untranslated. There is also some issues with the rpg-6 and 7. There is already some hotfixes available made by fans for these issues.

Thirdly: There is a file in your 7.62\InventoryINI\ file that need to be fixed so that a third of the enemies in random encounters actually has a weapon when the battle starts. The file is Bandit_ser.inv. There is an "S" on the first line that needs to be removed.

Once these fixes are made the game runs pretty good, but sadly the memory leak is still present from the russian version. This can be overcome by restarting the game every 1-2 hours. It's a hassle but worth it, this game has a deapth that really makes it worth your while.

Good luck and don't forget to save often

p.s. The Russian mod is called HardLife Addon and it's by far the best one out there. It's in russian though, but if you want to try it our anyway there is a version adapted to work with the English version af the game. I don't know the rules here about linking to those mods, please google for it and you might get lucky.

R@S

Last edited by R@S; 04-25-2009 at 03:02 PM. Reason: badd Splelling