Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2019, 06:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music View Post
A few questions and suggestions:

Why do so few planes have full trim, they almost all have ele and rudder trim, I-16 has no ele, but thats the only one I can think of. But so many don't have aileron trim. Is that historically correct, to keep the pilots from setting it up and falling asleep in a 3 hour flight?
As a matter of fact a lot of planes only had elevator trim because thier aileron and rudder trim were set for specific cruising speed and engine settings on the ground, or maybe because it could weight down the plane or create unneccessary complexity for the pilot. The Bf-109 and IL-2 didn't any trim except for elevator for example.
However, I still agree with you about some planes being annoying to fly. I've rummaged through the buttons file and fixed trim setting for some planes already for myself. If you want to alter trim settings for you could DL a decompiler available on modding sites and fiddle with the trim setting in the FMs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music View Post

Did the P-39 really flat spin so easily? And was there no way to get it out of one, dropping the flaps and gear does nothing, and no matter how close you can get to stabilizing it, it never breaks out of that flat spin.
Oh yes they did. For example, emptying the 37mm cannon's magazine made the p-39's CoG move so far aft that aerobatics were out of question unless you had a death wish, and transfert flight meant that lead weights had to be put in the nose to compensate for CoG shift. IIRC, some Bell engineers had to fly to USSR to see with the Russians how this problem could be resolved.