Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2009, 05:12 AM
Approved Member

Default Dont worry, it'll be fine

I just dont understand what is so wrong with the detail in IL2...
it has mixture control, prop control, radiator/cowl flap control, super charger control, gunsight ranging control (on the P-51 sight), manual gear retraction...i'm probably leaving out a lot, but those come to mind the fastest.

If the detail that you are looking for is only found in ground ops and starting procedures, I'm not entirely sure that you know what youre asking for. If you want more complex engine start up, you are essentially saying that you DONT want you airplane to start up on the first try! I think complex radio management (ie, changing frequencies as in MS flt sim) is "immersive" perhaps, but you should only have to do it once per flight at start up to put in your flight com setup. Navigation equipment that helped you return to base or fly accross the map might actually be nice, but why would i want the ability to set in the wrong frequency...In all seriousness, go play falcon 4 or falcon 4 allied force and do the ramp start a couple of times

I think the emphasis on this next gen WW2 flight sim should upgrade first, the graphics. second the flight model/physics. third, damage model. fourth, AI. then multiplayer/campaign. if they get all of that nailed down and have a little spare time, hook us up with a little more detail. I just dont think that the detail should come at the cost of any of those items i just mentioned while meeting whatever deadline they have set. I think oleg is aiming for as much detail as he can cram in without undue delay to the sim.