Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2013, 09:14 PM
Approved Member

Default weapons firepower

I just wonder how a weapon's potency is calculated in game. My hunch tells me that it's solely based on caliber. If that's so, then the game is overlooking an important factor of a weapon's true destructive power: rate of fire. For a simple example, let's compare a synchronized 50cal firing thru prop arc with a nonsync one on the wing. Nonsync one would definitely have higher rate of fire. Given same amount of time, wing gun will put more weight into the same area as nose gun. But is that so in game? I am not so sure. I believe the true firepower algorithim should include all factors such as rate of fire, weight of each projectile, explosive force of the projectile and speed of the projectile etc. 20mm may be awesome with its explosive projectiles, but 50cal with higher rate of fire and higher impact speed shouldn't be lightyears away from it.