Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2013, 10:07 AM
Registered Member

Default IL2 don't start (Win 8)

Hi guys,

in the last two weeks I have to reinstall my OS and I've choosed Win 8. The problem is, that IL2 won't start since that moment.

I've bought IL2 (1946) via Steam which means I have NO cd and no so called "a.exe". However, here are my solutions which won't helped:

1. installing in a different folder instead of "program files"
--> Here I choosed my extern harddrive, but still, the game would not start

2. set compatibility mode to: win xp sp2
--> same result - nothing happened

3. also, run as administrator
--> makes no difference at all

4. I tried that with the version 4.12m and I thought it's because of the patch - thatswhy I've decided to delete my whole IL2 folder and install it "fresh" via steam again. I did and now I'm at 4.07m(? - don't know, because the game is still not running at all).

Do you have some ideas left? I browsed the web for some solutions and the last one I've found was to buy the game on gog.com (good old games), because some ppl wrote that these guys could fix that problem, but I do not even have the money atm and I don't want to buy the same game twice.

In other words: it would be soooo great if you guys could tell me solution I didn't try yet. Thanks.

best regards.