Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Mods

Mods Everything about mods

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
Spirits :
- nice idea to make rest/lvlup change. It was hard to use spirits early when you have only 1 skill and rest like 4 turns
Yah - it never felt right to me, now this is much better!

Quote:
- Lina ice thorns is from WotN, also nice touch. At least now she have some bonus for exp, not like before when you needed 100 battles to get her to lvlup.
Yah, I had been thinking about implementing Ice Thorns damage and thorns damage before WotN came out, but then once I saw the thorns damage in action, I *had* to implement it then. The exploding Ice Thorns are awesome, too (WotN doesn't have that)! Yah - Lina is easier to keep up with the other spirits now...

Quote:
Units :
- nice racial bonuses for dwarf/elf ... why would only demon/undead have area bonuses.
- maybe give undead +25% on cemetery, because moral gives +stats for att,def,crit%. How about +25% for att/def , instead +50%def ?
Believe it or not, I tried that with the Undead and guess what? Only 1 bonus is allowed per arena bonus! That kinda sucked, so I had to choose just 1 and so defense @+50% seemed to be the way to go (seemed like they'd be pretty defensive when you came to the cemetery...). I'll have to check if this is true in AP / CW, but I was a little taken aback by it because I was also going to give Demons +1 / -1 Morale in Lava / Cold in addition to the other bonus, but it wouldn't work! Had similar ideas with Elves so I had to make due...

Quote:
Hero :
- bonus for every 7 points in att/def it`s great you implemented this here. Intellect had to much bonuses compared to att/def before.
- spell_dispel , who would figure this out if crashes started
- why limit lds reduction ? i loved my 28 lds griffins (Eddric , glory , griffin banner)
You know, I never saw a crash on the "spell_dispel" oops, but when I was implementing the feature in AP / CW, I noticed it and thought "uh-oh". Better to fix it than have it causing problems...

The Leadership Reduction Limit is specified in CONFIG.TXT and so is easily changed (although you'd have to restart). I thought 50% was a good start, but I'm thinking that maybe 75% would be a better limit. I needed something, though since it was theoretically possible to exceed it with Undead units, even though it was virtually impossible. I don't know what would happen actually (would the game crash?), but thought it best to prevent the possibility. I had actually forgotten about the counter limits (that's how the rage and mana limits work).

Let's see, with Edric, you get a total of -58% (18 + 10 + 30) so I'm clipping it 8%. Yah, I'll put that on the list of things to think about for the next update (I still need to check out mass Stone Skin more as well)...

Quote:
Spells/specials :
- it`ll take some testing to see will it work all

Wives :
- great for Orcelin, and including shamans.
It's funny how I spaced the Shamans when it came to their wife / baby bonuses - go figure.

Quote:
Will this changes go into Ap/Cw version also ?
That's the idea - we'll see if there is any change on the arena bonuses (that's kind of a bummer with being able to implement only 1 bonus / penalty per area).

I haven't quite tested everything out, here, but wanted to get this update out since there were a lot of changes...

The AP / CW modding is taking a lot longer because I'm unifying the common areas of the mod between both games. I think this will work better (and keep me saner) for the future and if I ever wanted to try to implement things in WotN (although it seems like a mod for that is light-years away, if at all).

/C\/C\