Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2012, 09:58 AM
Approved Member

Default engine oil and radiator damage. Fails too quickly!

Yes know I know it used to be the other way around until a few patches back ad that was even worse. But now its the extreme at the other end, when u get a radiator damage you have about one minute maximum two minutes before the engine quits.
I have read plenty of reports of liquid cooled planes that made it cross the channel while leaking glycol or oil although the engine probably would be a write off after landing...

As it is now, you take a hit and no matter what you do the engine quits after the same time. I have tried opening up the water radiator fully, come back on on RPM and reduce to half power in order to nurse the plane back home over the channel. It never work. Same with oil radiator damage.
Another thing, the water and oil temp never seem to slowly increase as would be expected after a damage. The engine just fails and THEN the temp seems to rize.
It seems like the coding is to fail the engine after certain time and not after a certain temperature is reached. And honestly even in real life and engine can run maybe a minute or two even after this critical temperature is reached.in game not so.

Have any of you guys found a way to extend the time from a hit to the time of failure?! I would like to be able to nurse my plane cross the channel at least once online..