Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Approved Member

Default 1C wants to make money? Surely the original P-51, B-17 and Fw-190 'financial' sense?

Although I have been watching the progress of CloD and news now of BoM, what became apparent from Luthiers replies was that they need to make money.

Seriously I do understand the requests for early war aircraft (hence 1940's era CloD) but as they said it's hardly set their finances alight! This of course isn't just about the era but also the buggy game engine.

So now 1C wants wants to make money and surely by releasing popular aircraft they can bolster their finances while also using that money to continue creating arenas of combat like BoM?

This isn't about dismissing the earlier aircraft and areas of combat but by selling/adding 'popular' aircraft surely this would make 'financial' sense?

I wonder though if they realize that these aircraft will be financially popular and that is a reason not to let an aircraft SDK out as whoever made a late war aircraft 'pack' would most likely make a financial 'killing'?

The only reason I see not to endorse the release of late-war 'popular' aircraft is something is one i can't work out!

Cheers, MP