Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger II View Post
I think the no need for maintenance of AKs is surely a bit overrated, but it's true, you can leave them to themselves and they will keep on working, extremely simple guns but obviously not that accurate. Helluva fierce thing to use in close combat though!
No it's not overrated. We tried about everything with them in theater. They just plain almost always fire or can be made to fire very easily in the worst conditions.

Quote:
oh, if we're talking about big assault rifles I'd rather stay classic (and classy) with my Garand M1.
30-06 calibre is by far the best compromise, it's a whole whopping kg lighter than the SCAR and keeps 8 rounds in its very sleek design, which means you can use it also on prone position without the magazine being in the way.
The M-14 is another lovely gun, and maybe more versatile than the Garand.

I haven't heard much good about Rumanian stuff, but never tried it myself. Even their version of the Dragunov is a bit crap.
I wasn't really talking about big assault rifles. Just something the OP started, wanting something with a 7.62 - aka SCAR-H. The only reason I mentioned heavy weapons is because I hardly get a chance to play with the light arms as I deal in 60mm mortors, Mk47's, M19's, Mk44, M2/M2A1 etc. and only bring out the small stuff when we are not just wasting ammo at the range.

ATAG Forums + Stats