Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > IL2 Mods, discussion and links

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2012, 03:35 AM
Approved Member

"This message is hidden because ACE-OF-ACES is on your ignore list. "
I think if more people used this function these boards would be far more civil!

I see what you mean Bearcat. Yes you are correct that HSFX is the only one currently designed for 4.11 (except Modact custom installs).

The only issue with UP in 4.11 is that it flat out isn't designed for it. I couldn't believe it when I saw people asking why it wouldn't work right in 4.11! (Jeeze guys, RTFM!!!).

There are actually a good bit of mods that work with 4.11 despite being made for 4.10.1 and even 4.09 and earlier. As long as they don't modify classfiles they seem to work well. But using a mod built on the classfiles from earlier games in 4.11 is just asking for trouble.

Personally I had lost my initial desire to stay connected with the stock sim. The attitude of some TD members and these very forums regarding the mods that have in fact kept this sim as popular and up to date as it is was revolting. That has since mellowed quite a bit, probably helps that Oleg has left the building.
additionally the fact that TD has made some really needed additions lately like AI and 6dof (which were already present in mods) has warmed me to them and I look forward to seeing my favored modpacks updated to the new version-but its no deal breaker for me.

I know you didn't mean to take anything away from the other packs, HSFX is your current fav as DBW is mine, and this advocacy on our parts reflects our game play styles.
For the record though, since the removal of coop support from UP I think HSFX probably has it beat there and I'm sure does airquake servers just as well, but for offline there is no beating DBW or modact. Just the fact that I can install and run flawlessly any campaign ever made for IL2 for the last 10 years makes it so.

You know OP, this really is a bad spot to ask about such things.
Why not go to the 242sqn website (home of HSFX as far as I know), SAS1946 or UltraPack and look at what each has to offer?
Beta 4.11 buttons and modact:
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.ph...c,21351.0.html
SAS New members question section:
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,204.0.html

But Im tellin you, for offline you cant beat DBW or Modact!