Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2012, 06:39 PM
Approved Member

That sounds weird, but of course if you did actually stall, there would be minimum FFB (a floppy stick) from the control surfaces until you'd built up more airspeed. Sorry if this is obvious.

I get a floppy stick when starting the 'free flight' quick missions, which takes a few violent manoevres to kick it in.

I've had no overheating problems with my stick in over a year of much use. I've got some 761 hours in on Cliffs alone, plus FSX, IL2, RoF and DCS A-10.
In spite of my Northern English location, the wife has the heating on pretty constantly, so it's not like I'm in a cold environment!

The only thing I would suggest is to set everything on default settings, in both global device and individual game settings, disable centring spring both globally and in game settings also and uncheck 'persistent profile' and check 'apply profiles to games automatically'.

Having said that, everyone has a different preference, but all of my settings are at 75%, for all games and for the global device settings, with centre spring unchecked in all cases.

I don't use the profiler at all, and set everything up in the game control menus.

Recalibrating the stick from scratch may help too.

That's all I can think of for now.

Last edited by ATAG_Dutch; 06-25-2012 at 06:43 PM.