Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2012, 03:04 PM
Approved Member

Default Money problems

I have started a mage/impossible game. I am level 5 and still in Darion doing whatever I can with most stacks on strong +.

My trouble is money as I cannot afford a full strength army in one and when I get enough money to make one through wins and treasure finds a significant proportion will get wiped out but I only get about 1/3 of the money needed to replenish them.

I have just died and have 5800 gold yet that is not enough to get myself a full strength army, I can get myself probably 3/4 full and I will probably lose 1000 gold worth of troops in my next fight but only gain 250 gold for winning. This net deficit is leaving me short and very soon I will have no money left.

I have sold all my scrolls and some items but I don't want to sell the items I need as that seems pointless because the troops do not last long.

In fights my tactics are to slow the enemy down, and attack with magic/range and try and make sure when an enemy gets through it is only one so I can swarm him, make sure he retaliates against my chosen troop and when they are dead I move on. I do try and reduce losses but the enemy troops are so big and mine not big enough to avoid significant damage from them.

I don't have sacrifice, or gift, or hypnotise or many spells that are recommended and I have never been able to afford inquisitors as all my money is gone every single time just to make a full army of troops and they are too expensive.

Any advice available?

I played my first time as warrior on normal and I found it far too easy, this time I like the challenge of the actual fights but the lack of gold is making it so difficult and soon it will be game over by default.