Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > Technical problems and Solutions

Technical problems and Solutions Questions and solutions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Registered Member

Ok... "closing game" problem ended, but now there is another problem. In the mission where i have to talk with Murdoc when i go to the motel to advance time my game is crashing. It happens everytime when the countdown to the meeting is less then 120 minutes. here is report of the crash:

Nazwa aplikacji powodującej błąd: rnr.exe, wersja: 3.0.1.2667, sygnatura czasowa: 0x4bc7e35f
Nazwa modułu powodującego błąd: nvd3dum.dll, wersja: 8.17.12.8026, sygnatura czasowa: 0x4e3909fb
Kod wyjątku: 0xc0000005
Przesunięcie błędu: 0x00589b86
Identyfikator procesu powodującego błąd: 0x760
Godzina uruchomienia aplikacji powodującej błąd: 0x01cc8e6286800bdc
Ścieżka aplikacji powodującej błąd: D:\RigNRoll\Bin\rnr.exe
Ścieżka modułu powodującego błąd: C:\Windows\system32\nvd3dum.dll
Identyfikator raportu: 2ba14b4b-fa57-11e0-9af3-00241d7f1a07

I tried reinstalling (if you can call that) DirectX, VGA driver and the game itself. the problem is in polish/english version from Polish publisher (cenega) and in english version from yuplay. I even installed DllSuite to find a missing/corrupted nvd3dum.dll but either it isn't corrupted/missing or dllsuite can't detect it's malfunction. I've searched nvd3dum problems on google and most of the answers for this problem is to reinstall the game, but as I said before I've tried that and it doesn't help. What is interesting in this crash report is this: "Ścieżka modułu powodującego błąd: C:\Windows\system32\nvd3dum.dll"
In "system32" there is no nvd3dum.dll file. There is however nvd3dumx.dll.

Regards, Nish

[EDIT]

Nevermind... The problem was some garbage from video card drivers. Instead of reinstalling drivers, I've uninstalled them, removed all nvidia junk from system, and then installed new drivers. After this the game is working beautifully.

[/EDIT]

[EDIT2]
The nvd3dum.dll crash appeared again... after reboot of the system. It looks like it's crashing when it rains and the tarmac is changing from normal texture to wet texture. There has to be a way to fix that permanently, because i don't wanna reinstall VGA drivers everytime i reboot my PC.
[/EDIT2]

Last edited by Nishczyciel; 10-20-2011 at 02:46 PM. Reason: crash is back