Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2011, 09:49 AM
Registered Member

Default Critical hit and item bonus for special attacks

Hey guys,
does a mod exists which changes the special attacks of the units?

It is unbelievable annoying to use the special attacks like Execution with Drill and Whip of Isshara and the base attack is more than Execution PLUS chance for critical hit (50% more on it), or Snakes long hit with Royal Snake Ring and Assasins dagger (+4 poison damage) and critical hit. The only attacks that are superior to the base attacks no matter which artifacts you have are elf's double shot and canoneer's salvo). I know that some special attacks do change with items - Smashing hit from Swordsmen gain bonus from items, as well Demonhell from Unicorns or Knights Circular Blow -- but still they do not benefit from critical hits)

Not implementing the critical hit and the special bonuses from items makes special attacks less powerful than base attack in many cases. I know that item bonuses is hardcoded and I am sure only line of proggraming in the exe file makes the difference (like "if not Attack.is_base_attack() then" and that could be changed - even from the original programmers if they have the permission and the good will to do so in 10 minutes and than release it with a patch - I love patches for games one year after the final version that change small but important things like that) So pretty please