Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Approved Member

Default Will I enjoy DCS A-10?

Hi all,

I've been wondering whether to get DCS A-10 for awhile now. I was recently put off by the fact that apparently it has Starforce DRM, and that you have to deactivate the games manually to install it on another computer or something like that. This means that I can probably hold off on buying it by impulse

Either way, I'm trying to figure out whether I'd enjoy it. I'm a stickler for realism, and DCS seems to have plenty of it. However, I really like situations where I feel I have an impact. I enjoy offline dynamic campaigns (which it doesn't have) so what you do makes a difference in the world, or online where you get to interact with a bunch of people - but I think mostly I enjoy online missions and interacting with other people. Flying formation and all that, although I never have enough time to join a squadron.

Given this, can anyone help me out figure out whether I'd enjoy the game? I'm having a good enough time with '46 and CoD, and the WWII setting is really my thing, but I might enjoy the realism of DCS A-10. I'm not too convinced by the static missions (even if they have triggers) or by the apparent lack of multiplayer options/servers/missions/cooperation/etc.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance