Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Approved Member

If it comes out as well as ROF it will be a big improvement.

Does anyone know if 'redoing everything from scratch' means that the pilot/ground control chat will be redone as well (or at least the British elements)? Right now it is very poor - weaker, in my opinion, than original il-2.

1. Devoid of character - the clipped 'received pronunciation' ('posh' like the Queen!) has a place, but the RAF was a diverse organisation - South Africans, New Zealanders, Scots, Irish, all kinds of regional English accents too. Original il-2 did a better job in this respect. Right now it's like a lampooned idea of stereotyped Englishness by someone who has never been to the country.

2. The annoying micro-pauses where the various speech elements are added together - needs to be tightened up to make it sound like natural speech.

3. Should use correct terminology - bandits, angels, etc.

4. The targetting system ('I will take the leader of the second flight.......blah, blah) is tortuous, stilted and badly done. It would be better to leave this out completely than to do it this badly.

5. Some of the scripting is just poor - eg: "This is the commander speaking"
No-one I think would say that, except maybe in Doctor Who .

Please could we get some more character in there. Also, despite the recent furore over ****** and **** in the heat of life and death situations in the air swear words would definitely be used. I don't expect they will make it but at least can we get a depiction of the stressed reality rather than a bloody genteel afternoon tea party in Knightsbridge!

"This is the commander speaking.. I will take......two...lumps of sugar......in my tea"

Thanks

Last edited by kendo65; 07-03-2011 at 04:25 PM.