Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2011, 09:16 PM
Approved Member

About other mod, i`ll try and report if it out myself.
For paladins and other unit that resurrect it`s simple game of numbers :
Paladin 200hp, prayer 24hp (12%), only 4th lvl units, must be close
Inquisitor 70 hp, respawn 7 hp (10%), 5th lvl, anywhere on map
Satyr 23hp, plant heal 12hp (50% !!!) 2 charges.
Rune mage 400hp, respawn 100hp (25%), 5th lvl, anywhere
750hp, respawn 280hp (38%),
Orc tracker 160hp, animal heal 44hp (27%), 3 rounds reset, limited only by adrenaline.
So yes paladin have aoe prayer, but in case of numbers it`s most limited, that`s why i said it shouldnt be changed. That is just my opinion. Phantom spell is for every unit, so you cant connect it only to paladins
For dragon cub yes it`s best skills are support, but if i cant lvl it up because of low exp gain, it wont be even support, not to say dmg usable. Thx for info i`ll set it to original value for my game.
For things you missed, i`m not nitpicking only telling you what i found. You did great job what i`we seen, so i only want to help this little way i can (bugproffing your mod
Astral res wasn`t removed from divine armor, it never was placed in it in first place. That`s developers miss in CW expansion. They added new units with astral dmg talents, but haven`t fixed order spell to protect units from it. Same goes for leather dress, any1 can change it in items.txt to give 5% astral res also.

New lvl for medals great idea, and thx for it. But i only stated my opinion it`s too high. In your settings player will have to pick only 1 spell dependable medal and get to 5th. Around 350 battles in all game, time 10 rounds that count for medals is 3500. 1600 for guardian angel 5th lvl is half of it, and that limit us to cast only 4 spells in all game, and we`ll get 5th lvl at almost end of game. Considering that we dont have all spells we need from start, or enough mana during every battle. Missing some fight, or casting other spells to save units will disable us of chance to get other medal at all, not to mention 4-5th lvls. I changed it to lower values in my calculation, but i only suggest to you to revise your settings.
For +att/def/int medals it`s impossible to get 5th lvl, simply not enough enemy type units.
For higher lvl i only asked since i dont know how to fix rune gain on lvl`s after 50. Leadership isn`t important at that time, anyway we all have army we need until then. But lower gain runes on lvlup after 50 is frustrating.
For poseydons pitchforks (storm pike) i said since there are item that add +1 poison(dager)/astral(bow)/fire(whip) dmg to all units. You made it to add 1 magic dmg only to peasants, so i dont think any1 will use your new item

I looked at adventure files and found those missed things, so i`ll try to add equilibrium files that you don`t have in your mod(some of things `the_rider` changed that i like).
I get that RUNE mages are depended on RUNES, but it`s so snob of them
What i don`t get is in all game there is like 100 units, and only 1 of all of them get bonus from runes, it just doesn`t seem fair. Summoner boost all summoning units, quick draw all archer etc, and it`s all skills that we use runes to get. Then why is only 1 unit that get bonus from runes we haven`t used . Runic armor is great help for unit (more dmg, hp, disable spell on attack) why adding sick bonuses (% in mages talents) atop those?
That %poison dmg i thought as spell, like hell breath., since precision add dmg to archers, hell breath to all units, berserk att to melee=more dmg. So i thought about poison dmg buff spell, but i`m not sure should i just copy hell breath description and change it to poison dmg or something more. Also need bmp for spell book, and place in spell book and . . . so that`s why i asked how to do it.
Spell requirements for medals i changed and it works. Thing i odnt know how to add is using of unit talents like archmages magic shield. Is talent name in unit description same, since in spells.txt fit of energy=adrenaline, pacifism=peacefulness , animal call=call of nature. . . I dont know what to put as medal requirement so game add castings to medal counter when i use talents in battles.
And finally raven=item regalia +2 int and gives you ancient scroll after 10-15 battles for 200 thorn sprouts. In item.txt there is no mentioning of thorn sprouts so i dont know where to change this, since in all game i never found more then 600-800 of them, so i can get 3(4 max) scrolls and them drop stupid bird For players that like higher lvls elenhel is only choice but with raven you can pick other husband(khm . . . companion), and play other units/item combos.
I`m off now, but hope to try your mod soon. Take care

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 05-14-2011 at 11:21 PM.