Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2011, 11:35 PM
Approved Member

Hello MikkOwl,

first things first: I've been using your Multithrottle until I decided to mod my G940 with Bodnar's BU0836As and am really thankful for what you did back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkOwl View Post
Maybe this will come in handy for Cliffs of Dover, seeing as it will also continue supporting a more advanced devicelink.
Where do you know that from? I've asked and asked again and never got a repsonse...

YaDeLi wasn't planned as a new G940-"driver", but as a solution for the problem of IL-2's limitation to 4 input devices and the impossibility to set the order of game controllers addressed via DirectInput.

Quote:
Is this program sold or free? I read the readme and manual (well, skimmed it) and I found mention that it was 'sold', but nothing on any payment or registration required.
Uups. That's what comes from blind copy and paste... No: it is and stays Freeware. I've updated the readme.txt and the download link

Quote:
What code is it written in?
Plain C++ (using gcc and MinGw). Makes most of the stuff you had so much trouble with somewhat easier: Communication between different executables not needed, access the G940 and all the other hardware with DirectInput, sending to DeviceLink with native socket support. For accessing the G940 LEDs there would be the Logitech SDK (C++, too, and probably what the tool for BlackShark was written on). But as with you, the user interface, as usual, took up 85% of the time. It would all be so easy without all those users...

As for Autohotkey: I use it for *all* buttons (having deinstalled the Logitech Profiler). Autohotkey for the buttons and YaDeLi for axes of game controllers outside IL-2's range of 1-4 is the perfect solution for me. That is why I am very, very reluctant to start supporting buttons in YaDeLi: I would surely end up reinventing Autohotkey...

Quote:
I don't think it is possible to run two devicelink programs at the same time (or is it?)
It is. UDP is a connectionless protocol and DeviceLink accepts commands from different senders simultaniously. Just start several netcats and start giving commands to IL-2. But you must really take care of not using the same axes in YaDeLi and MultiThrottle (and in IL-2 for that). It could have very disturbing results if you do.

Quote:
*Ideas for features*
Well, MikkOwl, that is really good stuff to ponder about.

For the time beeing I would like to receive feedback from people using YaDeLi and some information on if CoD will have DeviceLink (or something similiar).

Artist