Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2010, 04:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Battle of Britain was a one side attack x one side defence..
I agree with WTE_Galway. History seems to have forgotten it, but there was a great deal of action involving Bomber Command over this period. Oleg does "Forgotten Battles" well, and I hope this continues!

Anyone who doubts that should read Guy Gibson's biography, "Enemy Coast Ahead". Not only were the fighters trying to hold the line against the Luftwaffe, the bombers were trying to impede preparations for a German invasion, which was a very real threat in 1940 and for which the Battle of Britain was a precursor.

Even at this time the foundations were being laid for Bomber Command's transformation into the formidable machine it became (i.e. the first very large scale raids).

Quote:
Allied , only the Blenheim (a dream of mine would be as additional flyables the Wellington and Beaufort, torpedo attacks with "correct" torpedo limits ).......
And the Hampden, for reasons as above. It was one of the stalwarts of the attacks on German barges, invasion shipping and ports.

Regards, Spinner

Last edited by AWL_Spinner; 12-07-2010 at 04:26 AM.