Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2010, 10:09 AM
Approved Member

Default Make the game more "believabale"

If there ever will be more games in the future please consider it to make them more realistic. More authenticity regarding the combat.

Dont get me wrong I am not asking now for all sudden a 100% realistic repesentation of every aspect as realistic ranges for all guns would lead to a quite cheesy experience (see some of the mods which give the guns their real range and penetration but leave the size of the maps untouched) where you see heavy tanks even more sitting in the courner of some map sniping any tank on long range.

But what I am asking for is just the removal of frustrating aspects or the mere "luck" if you want so. Its the parts where Panthers and Tigers take shoots by the ISU152 and shrug it of sometimes like it would be nothing. Same for the SU100. So many times where you shoot the side of the Tiger II turret with the SU100 or ISU152 and nothing happens as its "to far away" for the game. It would be good to get also more a realistic representation of the penetration then the arbitrary system which is in use now that gives guns like the soviet 85mm or the german 5mm by the Puma/Panzer III a rather unrealistic power as you see the Puma beeing almost as effective like the Panzer IV G with its 5mm gun just when you get close enough while on a realistic point of view it should have no chance at all to damage the KV85 or T34 from the front. Same thing about the US 90mm where you sometimes see penetrations on long ranges but other times you have issues to do any damage at all even when close while I seen the 85mm of the KV85 penetrating the Pershings front ...

All this when you know something about the guns, their teoretical and "real" performance can lead to a "why did this happen now?" situation where you KNOW it should penetrate but it didnt. It seems that Mow decided to give some guns (Panzer IV H) not its real power while other tanks some teoretical power which they never had. It seems that many guns get the penetration of rare ammunition like the Panther with APCRC or all 5cm guns. The 17pf seems to as well use the APDS as base when it really had extremly poor conditions with those ammuntion you should not be able to hit anthing with it as it had very bad performance in real life. I just happens to many times that you hit the side of the tank and all thath appens is that its detracked when it should as well hit the armor of the tank and not just its track.

As said I am not asking for realism in everything. But its just not very believable when you see a 100 or 152mm shell bounce of that weak side armor of certain tanks or even some vehicles survive a direct 152mm hit from the HE shell. MoW creates already now a much more realistic feeling then most other WW2 strategy games. But I think they could achieve a better combat experience particularly when you fight with the allied nations against the heavy tanks in a realistic sense as they should be a lot more vulnerable from the side OR some guns should not loose so much penetration power. As its now you sometimes have to drive up to the Tiger II, Jagdtiger or IS3 where you can almost hug them just to penetrate the flank.