Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
My God. How short sighted can you all be??? This is not the enemy. This is potentially the best friend SoW could have.

Oleg has said many times that 3rd party and professional works will be allowed compatability in SoW. What if A2A and other companies produced aircraft like this that can be installed into SoW the same way such addons can be added to FSX? Don't you see? This is where Maddox Games will finally get to make a decent living, by creating a 3rd party industry around SoW. Sow will help sell copies of professionally made addon aircraft, and these addons will help sell more copies of SoW.

If Oleg is smart, he'll be negotiating with A2A and others to allow them to produce versions of future aicraft that can run in the SoW environment... for a fee.

SoW has the potential to bury FSX for customers who are into the short-hop flights. Don't willfully misunderstand me. I'm not talking about the 747's and whatnot. I'm talking about the civil types like Dragon Rapides etc, classic warbirds like the B-17 above and everything else in between. SoW has the potential to corner the market as a Classic Flight simulator. Not just a Combat flight simulator. No way can they make an Il-2 sized planeset on their own though. Opening SoW to commercial and 3rd party expansion is the key.

I must say, I'm suprised no one even mentioned it.
Good strategy indeed. I dream for the day, when company under such name will be established: UNITED SIMULATIONS CORPORATION PLC.

Sounds goooooooooooooooooooood!
~S!