Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2010, 08:52 PM
Registered Member

Default This game has the worst community hands down

I've been playing for quite some time now. These feelings have been building up and after a fustrating night I want to see if im alone on this. This game has the worst community for a game I have ever seen.

Never have I played a game filled with people with dial up connections, slow laggy PC's, dodgy internet connections which disconnects, and the most unwelcoming attitude to new players.

Tonight I've spent 20mins trying to get into a game. After 5mins of waiting in the lobby for players to come, the host is afk and so we all wait around for a couple of mins. The game starts and we start loading. Except one of the people has timed out and we're stuck on a 10 minute loading screen to tell us that he's timed out. So the game is restart and the same thing happens 2nd time round.

When we do finally get into the game, some guy rage quits after 5minues of playing.

At least once every other game, someone times out during the loading screen or rage quits early game when things don't go their way. Often you get pros who all stack a team and kick new players who take thier slot, so as you get a team of eg 3 pros (not clanners or anything like that), against 2 one star people and 1 noob. No one has a sense of balance and everyone is more interested in having a steam-roll game.

Another problem which isn't so bad is; from an english speakers point of view, there is such a wide audience of people with such a range of languages that there is no communication in the lobbies as no one can understand each other.

Rant over, hopefully I'm not the only one who feels like this.