Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2010, 03:34 AM
Registered Member

Default Your Favorite and least Favorite MS in SW 3

I'm just wondering which Motherships you guys like best in SW 3

Mind you, statistic like hull, shield, etc, don't count. What is your favorite Mothership just by looks.

As for me. Well, as interesting as the Lion cruiser is, I have to admit that I personally liked the Astarte best. I think that's a really cool looking ship and I really felt kind of sorry to trade her in for another MS.

As for my least Favorite MS. Hm, that's a tough one, actually. I was never that fond of the Berserk design, so the Manticore didn't really appeal to me.

The Rhino has a nice mesh, but the textures of the vessel are a mess. I mean, it's basecally the Mothership from SW 1 with some extensions to it. You could have kept some of the details of the ship like... Well, the glowing windows for example. The Rhino is just a grey mess of steel, with no view port to the outside anywhere. I don't really like that. :-/

There's another MS based on the Rhino that you get from Admiral Trump, I think, and that looks really ugly. The textures of that ship are just plain messed up.

Then there's the Star Wolf herself. I didn't like how they had to double the size of the belt area... you know, the section between the upper and lower half with all of them windows in it. To have the section single like in Star Wolves 1 would have been okay, but two are definately to much. It just doesn't look right. :-/

Well... Okay, bottom line...

My least favourite ships are the Rhino and Manticore. Manticore because I don't like the Berserk design and the Rhino becaused of the rather lame texture work.

Well, with that out of the way... What about you guys? Which MS are your favourites and least favourites and for what reasons?