Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Battle mode

Battle mode Strategy, hints, questions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2009, 03:32 AM
Approved Member

Default Cruel Haas once again

Hi everybody!

After a break of about ~5 months I've returned to KB:TL to finish my Paladin game. I stopped playing in Demonis back then and finished it today. As for all the battles against f.e. Baal or the 7 Embodiments, they were a piece of cake. Finished them all with no losses and very easily no less. Bagud was a piece of cake, too.

But Haas ? Dear lord! I mean ok, I defeated him, but lost more than half of my army. I loaded the last savegame a few times and tried different strategies but utterly in vain. I just can't figure how to deal these loads of damage against 4 (!) stacks of Black Dragons (28 total) before he starts casting "Armageddon", making loss preservation moves pointless.

Facts to know about this:

Stats:

LvL 29 (picked "Learning" only rank 1 and too late in the game, my mistake)

Att: 19
Def: 14
Int: 16
Ldr: 24k
Wife: Xeona (whip+poison dagger equipped, angas ruby too)

lvlup choices were Ldr > att > int > def. Had to let 1 att go in favor of 1400 Ldr, though. Still bugs me

Rages: Lina 19 (chargers never asked lvlup, still 3 orbs, 2 rage, 1 mana -.-)
Reaper: 24 Timeback lvl1-5 @ 20 rage, 2 turns recharge
Other two 18 or so each.

I know, those are ridiculously low stats but that's the best I could manage with available items. I was VERY unlucky with random items. The price for my INSANE luck with spells. Found 12 (!) sacrifice scrolls, 10 resurrection scrolls, armageddon, doom etc. And many of those very early on. But items: crap, crap and more crap. 19 Att is the maximum achieveable. As for units I have access to EVERY unit in the game. Still have the upgradeable mage staff final battle left which I saved to boost any stack to max if I want to.

Order3+Healer max, Disto3, Chaos 2 (Sacc only)

Onslaught3, Dark Commander3, Tolerance2, Rune Talent ofc 3.

Setup:
3200 Lake Fairies
2900 Sprites
1140 Dryads (useless against lvl 5 enemies so I replaced them with 92 Demons)
1720 Skeleton Archers (DA ofc)
Hunters (did only 900-1600 dmg on Dragons w/o DA, pretty much useless :/ )

Haas' setup: 4 Stacks of Blacks (6,9,8 and 5), 1 stack of 10 Reds, 1 stack of 12 Greens, 1 stack of 15 Bones, 2 stacks of 10 Giants each (double earthquake, gz -.-) 1 stack of 13 Ancient Ents.

The problem is very obvious: I just can't dish out enough damage and the 4 stacks of Blackies just fly circles around my troops, line breathing them to unrestorably low stacks. Enough to win but not even remotley enough to restore before armageddon hell.

What am I getting wrong ? I dominated the whole game until Haas. No loss with rarely more than 8-10 turns each battle. Series of 40k+ oneshot crits from the LF/S. Series of oneshotting ANY encountered Dragon stacks with DA-Skellies. But with 6 Dragon stacks and double earthquake I'm just hoplessly inferior and take a hard beating.

My strategy: LF/S kill the Bone Dragon stack. Hunters killed 1 single black dragon *clap*. DA on Skells, 10 Reds down (tried the 9 Blacks as their target. No difference in the end). Then the 4 BD stacks and the Emerald stack took out 50% of my range department. Then Demons between the 2 stacks of Giants, Pentagram, attacked Giants, only 2 died :/ Skells Pgymied, no DA for turn 2. Turn ends.
By the end of turn 2 my Hunters were gone. All of them. Skellies pygmied down to 700, no DA. LF/S were pretty much ok. Lost 500 each. Demons down to 69. Alltogether unrestorable b4 armageddon. Not with 112 max mana and only 1 cast/turn (Yay Mages -.-)

I'm sure I'm missing vital information here. It's crushing since I consider myself at least a bit "advanced" in this game. Any help would be very much appreciated, especially concerning positioning of troops to avoid the flying fire breath ability.

Regards,
Vulture

Last edited by Vulture; 10-26-2009 at 03:37 AM.