Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2014, 07:05 AM
Approved Member

Cool New V0.2 Available!

I want to thank everyone who posted here as it helped me think outside the box a little bit and allowed me to make the below changes to Bagyr so that you now have a chance at no loss on impossible and you don't have to go the Trapper Medal / Diversion route.

You don't even need to be level 5, I was level 4 when I got to the Shelter and needed to defeat the Dwarven and Elven stacks before I made level 5. I also did all the stacks except the big spider stack in the Catacombs.

Here's the text from the README and the download is at the bottom of the post.

Daert and Bagyr No Loss Impossible - Giving Them a Chance Mod

This mod is only for use with King's Bounty - Darkside.

Tired of scanning saves for the right spell combination to do Daert no loss?
Tired of having Bagyr using uncontrollable stacks of spiders and snakes just to survive or don't want to go Trapper Medal / Diversion?
Tired of the fact that Neoline has a chance at no loss impossible with any start, but Bagyr and Daert don't?

Now you can actually play impossible no loss with either Bagyr or Daert, while still being challenged and at least trying all the fights from the start through Whitehill! You also get to start with new troops so that you can get a flavor of them right from the beginning of the game and Bagyr can play like a Warrior and Daert like a Mage and you'll be having fun instead of getting frustrated!

This is a very small mod that implements changes to balance out Bagyr and Daert so that they have a chance at no loss just like Neoline on impossible difficulty level.

Installation Instructions (note that my base Darkside folder is located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Darkside\):
  1. Extract the "mods" folder in this archive to: sessions\darkside\locations\ under you base Darskide folder (see above for an example of where it is located on my system) so that you have the following files:
    1. sessions\darkside\locations\mods\m_tristrem_start. embryos.loc
    2. sessions\darkside\locations\mods\m_vampire_start.e mbryos.loc
    3. sessions\darkside\locations\mods\hero.txt
  2. Play the game! You should note that the starting scenario for Deart and Bagyr are now different, giving you new options and the chance for no loss on impossible difficulty!
Uninstallation Instructions:
  1. Remove the mods folder from your sessions\darkside\locations folder (see above for where the base Darkside folder is located).
  2. That's it!
Use at your own risk, but I sincerely hope you now enjoy playing as Bagyr or Daert!

If you have any comments or questions, please post them to this forum topic: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=228683

Thanks, and good luck playing this mini mod!

Matt Caspermeyer

/C\/C\

This mod makes changes in the following files:
  • sessions\darkside\locations\m_tristrem_start\m_tri strem_start.embryos.loc
  • sessions\darkside\locations\m_vampire_start\m_vamp ire_start.embryos.loc
  • sessions\darkside\ses.kfs\hero.txt
Here are the changes:

V0.2 - 2014-10-11 (thanks to @wyatan, @ckdamascus, and @Ezrekiel for their comments as they were very helpful in me formulating the changes to Bagyr). Note that this version has changes to Bagyr from V0.1, whereas Daert is the same as V0.1.
  • m_tristrem_start.embryos.loc
    • Troops that will join Bagyr:
      • 5 Spirit Talkers
      • 1 Veteran Orc
      • 1 Shaman
      • 2 Catapults
      • 3 Orcs
    • Troll Shop:
      • Items (all other items are the same as the unmodded game):
        • 1 Symbol of Valor
      • Scrolls:
        • 1 to 2 Stone Skin
        • 1 to 2 Berserker
        • 1 to 2 random level 1 scrolls of 1 to 2 each
      • Units (Jotuns and Troll are still sold):
        • 5 Spirit Talkers
        • Either: 6 (additional) Spirit Talkers or 2 Catapults
        • 2 Veteran Orcs
        • 3 Shamans
  • m_vampire_start.embryos.loc
    • Troops that will join Daert:
      • 2 Female Vampires
      • 2 Cursed Ghosts
  • hero.txt
    • Bagyr:
      • Starting Leadership: 250
      • Starting Army:
        • 2 Catapults
        • 3 Orcs
        • 13 Furious Goblins
      • Spells:
        • Trap
      • Scrolls:
        • 1 Animal Call
    • Daert:
      • Starting Army:
        • 1 Necromancer
        • 1 Cursed Ghost
        • 1 Black Knight
      • Spells:
        • Poison Skull
        • Stone Skin
        • Weakness
      • Scrolls:
        • 1 Frost Grasp
        • 1 Kamikaze
        • 1 Evil Book
Good luck and I hope you enjoy playing the newer version if you want to play Bagyr. I'll leave V0.1 up so that people can still play that one if they want.

/C\/C\

Download V0.2 here:
Attached Files
File Type: zip DaertAndBagyrHaveAChance.zip (8.5 KB, 273 views)