Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Approved Member

A open question.

Does any have a idea when this series will be as strong as IL2 now?
im talking 400-700 every night, sqds playing online wars.

are we talking something that is still years off? or can we hope that BOM will be the start?
Old 01-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addman View Post
Even if the split is 80% online and only 20% offline players (which it most likely isn't) it still means that 20% of the players might be put off by the lack of offline content and might not continue to buy MG sims in the future. For such a niche market those 20% are very important. But hey, if they don't want my money, that's fine too.
You misunderstood what I was saying..

I was not talking about the SPLIT between 'user' types, i.e. ONLINE USER vs OFFLINE USER

I was referring to the SPLIT in game makers resources.. As in prior to ONLINE gaming (1990 like) game makers did NOT have to devote some of their resources to the ONLINE aspect of the game.. Because there was none.. Thus those resources could be applied to making better AI and OFFLINE Campaigns

Since you brought it up, I would guess the SPLIT in users is even smaller than 20% OFFLINE only.. Which should not be confused with how vocal that group can be! as in the squeaky wheel senario!
Old 01-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
A open question.

Does any have a idea when this series will be as strong as IL2 now?
im talking 400-700 every night, sqds playing online wars.

are we talking something that is still years off? or can we hope that BOM will be the start?
My guess is when it will happen it will be a title wave effect..

IMHO The problem is not with the current state of CoD bugs as much as the limited number of planes one can fly and the number of maps.. Everyone knows a new sim takes time to work out the bugs!

Which is why I am so happy to hear about the sequel!!

So I think it will be a few more sequels before you see CoD numbers matching IL-2s

But it does say a lot for 1C and their products!

When the biggest competition they have is a sim they made 10 years ago!
Old 01-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE-OF-ACES View Post
You misunderstood what I was saying..

I was not talking about the SPLIT between 'user' types, i.e. ONLINE USER vs OFFLINE USER

I was referring to the SPLIT in game makers resources.. As in prior to ONLINE gaming (1990 like) game makers did NOT have to devote some of their resources to the ONLINE aspect of the game.. Because there was none.. Thus those resources could be applied to making better AI and OFFLINE Campaigns

Since you brought it up, I would guess the SPLIT in users is even smaller than 20% OFFLINE only.. Which should not be confused with how vocal that group can be! as in the squeaky wheel senario!
Ok, simple misunderstanding there.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:30 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the information B6 and Luthier!! Nice to hear that there is a future for the game and the sequels.

Please don't listen too much to those who speak loudest.

Flying online as Setback.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
2. Will you reenable cockpit shake that existed in the earlier versions? :
Quote:
We actually removed it because the fans requested it.
This effect was overdone in early versions so guess is why the players get annoyed.

But the completely remove of cockpit shake is a waste :

- this cockpit shake can be a useful effect for stall entry's, standard and dynamic.

- Also on high structural stress in turnings, can be a perfect combination with the wind sound and structural stress sound.

Of course if its not overdone.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buchon View Post
This effect was overdone in early versions so guess is why the players get annoyed.

But the completely remove of cockpit shake is a waste :

- this cockpit shake can be a useful effect for stall entry's, standard and dynamic.

- Also on high structural stress in turnings, can be a perfect combination with the wind sound and structural stress sound.

Of course if its not overdone.
+1
Old 01-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomcatViP View Post
+1
+1+1
Old 01-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Approved Member

Hello Luthier,

Could you post a "Friday update information" each Friday to give us some information about the work made by your team during the week ? Just some words with or without screenshoots.

I think it will be a very good thing for the game and for everybody (your team and COD community)
Old 01-06-2012, 08:29 PM
Approved Member

Probably won't see anything for a week or two, as aren't the Russian holidays right now?But yes after that I'd like to bring back some friday updates.
Closed Thread