Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > Technical problems and Solutions

Technical problems and Solutions Questions and solutions

Old 01-18-2011, 12:39 AM
Registered Member

Default Rig n Roll not working

Hello, I have bought rig n roll a while ago. I didn't play it yet. So till today I downloaded it. Now when I start the game, it don't seem to work. All it say is, "Lunching Rig n Roll". Like all steam games. So while I wait like 2 seconds. A steam update page opens. So I'm not sure whats happening. I will list my computer properties.

System Properties:
Window 7 Ultimate
Ram: 1.00 GB
System Type: 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+ 2.20 GHz
Video card: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series
Directx: 9.0c

If any more stuff needed please ask

(I have got this game threw steam)

Last edited by USA Trucker; 01-18-2011 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Relocated To The Proper Thread.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:32 AM
Approved Member

The problem may be in videocard, it's too weak to handle the game.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmathewx75 View Post
Hello, I have bought rig n roll a while ago. I didn't play it yet. So till today I downloaded it. Now when I start the game, it don't seem to work. All it say is, "Lunching Rig n Roll". Like all steam games. So while I wait like 2 seconds. A steam update page opens. So I'm not sure whats happening. I will list my computer properties.

System Properties:
Window 7 Ultimate
Ram: 1.00 GB
System Type: 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+ 2.20 GHz
Video card: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series
Directx: 9.0c

If any more stuff needed please ask

(I have got this game threw steam)
Hello, and welcome to the forum.
Your Ram is too low, and your Processor speed is too slow. See game requirements HERE. Please don't make new threads on topics already covered. Find the thread that best describes your problem like this one that I moved your post to.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 01-18-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Registered Member

Default steam problems,

I think I might have found a reason why people who purchased the game through Steam might not have the game working for them..

when checking the local content..

I noticed there is no .exe file in the folder to actually run the game

hence steam keeps coming back with the "game is currently not available" window..
Old 01-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demper View Post
I think I might have found a reason why people who purchased the game through Steam might not have the game working for them..

when checking the local content..

I noticed there is no .exe file in the folder to actually run the game

hence steam keeps coming back with the "game is currently not available" window..
Hello, and welcome to fthe forum.

There are many of us (including myself) that have this game through Steam. For me it works just fine, along with others too, sometimes it may need to be un-istalled, and then re-installed. The two individuals prior to your post, just simply have a computer that just can't handle RNR.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:04 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
Hello, and welcome to fthe forum.

There are many of us (including myself) that have this game through Steam. For me it works just fine, along with others too, sometimes it may need to be un-istalled, and then re-installed. The two individuals prior to your post, just simply have a computer that just can't handle RNR.
Hi thanks,

sorry I should've said for some people,

I've checked the local content of all my other steam games, strangely enough all of them have a .exe executable in the local content to start and run the game...

I was merely replying to the last post cause I think he has the same problem as I do..

the game won't even start cause steam comes back to me stating the game is unavailable... not suprising if the executable that's supposed to start the game doesn't exsist..

little added info I've redownloaded the game through steam 3 times no to no avail....

I reckon I only need the .exe file to get this game to work..

no clue how to get it though.. steam doesn't seem willing to supply it roflmao

Last edited by Demper; 01-23-2011 at 05:14 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demper View Post
Hi thanks,

sorry I should've said for some people,

I've checked the local content of all my other steam games, strangely enough all of them have a .exe executable in the local content to start and run the game...

I was merely replying to the last post cause I think he has the same problem as I do..

the game won't even start cause steam comes back to me stating the game is unavailable... not suprising if the executable that's supposed to start the game doesn't exsist..

little added info I've redownloaded the game through steam 3 times no to no avail....

I reckon I only need the .exe file to get this game to work..

no clue how to get it though.. steam doesn't seem willing to supply it roflmao
XMathewx75 has many issues as to why his game don’t work (slow processor, low Ram, and low quality Graphics Card).

I understand your dilemma though. If Steam is selling a faulty and/or defective product, and can not supply you with an alternative method to get it to work, you are entitled to a full refund. Don’t be fooled by their “No Refund Policy” disclaimer. They are in violation of several Federal & State Statutes, and must adhere to FTC & Consumer Affairs regulations that include DLC & DLSP (including third party DLSP). They tried that with me on two questionable games I purchased here in the US, and refunded me the full amount. I’m sure your country has similar laws on the books. Your case would be considered as “faulty and/or defective“ product. You can even get your credit card to place a charge-back for this product (within certain time constraints). Be sure you submit the proper Steam Support question, and keep track of your support ticket #’s along with their replies for evidence. Be polite, but firm in your request.

I wish you well on whatever way you pursue this.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 01-23-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:36 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
XMathewx75 has many issues as to why his game don’t work (slow processor, low Ram, and low quality Graphics Card).

I understand your dilemma though. If Steam is selling a faulty and/or defective product, and can not supply you with an alternative method to get it to work, you are entitled to a full refund. Don’t be fooled by their “No Refund Policy” disclaimer. They are in violation of several Federal & State Statutes, and must adhere to FTC & Consumer Affairs regulations that include DLC & DLSP (including third party DLSP). They tried that with me on two questionable games I purchased here in the US, and refunded me the full amount. I’m sure your country has similar laws on the books. Your case would be considered as “faulty and/or defective“ product. You can even get your credit card to place a charge-back for this product (within certain time constraints). Be sure you submit the proper Steam Support question, and keep track of your support ticket #’s along with their replies for evidence. Be polite, but firm in your request.

I wish you well on whatever way you pursue this.
thanks,
not sure what to do.. steam offered me store credit as a refund...
but what I truly wanted was to just play the game... lol

anyway I understand that Mathew at the top here has a computer issues itself.. but what I'm reading here is that the game doesn't even start because either steam is blocking it or.. something is missing that cause steam to be unable to run it..

a steam pop-up window shows up after it said launching Rig 'n Roll most likely means that there is some kind of file missing to play the game... since he downloaded the game 5 days before I did I assumed he had the same problem I had...

in any way thanks for the replies and concern you've shown.. it's appreciated.

Kind regards
Demper
Old 01-24-2011, 01:13 AM
Approved Member

No problem. I‘m glad the situation was resolved via a store credit with Steam. Sorry you couldn’t enjoy the game. May I suggest you purchase it via Impulse, or 1C. They do a better job in this regard than Steam does. I have no malice toward Steam as I have many games from them. I have RNR running on both Steam & Impulse on 2 different computers, and have not experienced any problems thus far with either. I guess it’s just luck of the draw. Good luck, either way you proceed. This game is really fun, but that’s just my opinion.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:21 AM
Registered Member

Ive bought RNR at game stop some time ago and lately ive been haveing a problem were when i load RNR and the game gets in and i unpause the game it crashes out to my dekstop as far as i know there are no patches for the boxed RNR right? any hints......fyi idk how to check my specs to post on here to show what im running i know ive got windows 7 32 bit