Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:24 PM
Registered Member

Default This game needs more Publicity

Hi all I'm new to this forum but I have been a long time fan of flight simulators. I use to play the Jane's series of flights sims all the time when I was younger and I have been looking for a good combat flight sim ever since. I'm pumped to see this coming to 360 but I have noticed nobody seems to be talking about it. Actually there was a point I was afriad it had been scrapped or something because no gaming websites (ign, gamespot) were talking about it. I'm glad the game is still set to release in August (so I hear) but thats the time of year the fall releases begin to come out and there is always some attention grabbers out there.

In order for this game to succeed there has to be developer interviews with the big dogs of gaming. People need to start seeing more of the game and it has to be advertised. I think a few new trailers are needed as well and those trailers have to appeal to not only us hardcore sim fans but also the more casual gamers as well. While I really enjoyed the first trailers I've seen I think there has to be more "action" than just showing a few clips of planes flying. For example if any of you have seen the show Dogfights on the History Channel then I think the trailer should take more of that kind of feel. It will get people pumped to buy the game. Here is a link to what I'm talking about if you never saw the show.

I really want this game to succeed but I know making a big impact on the consoles is hard, especially for sims. All of the flight games on the 360 are built for the casual gamers that have the attention spans of a 6 year olds and those are the gamers that will need to be made to think "wow this is a sim and its still gets my blood goin!"
Old 02-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Approved Member

The CEO of the development company (Gaijin Entertainment) visits here often. He said to expect more media in about a month.

I think the game is further off that we were expecting. I wouldn't be surprised with a November or December '09 release date now. It seems like the PS3 development is holding things up (very common for cross-platform games).

I have a feeling it will be worth the wait though

Last edited by Tomo; 02-23-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:53 PM
Approved Member

I hope to god that they dont release this game during the holidays , It would get SLAUGHTERED in sales by the first party titles.

If they are a long ways off , it would be smart to push the releases into january/february when gamers are bored out of their minds with the holiday games.

And in the down time they could work towards getting a beta test going to test the netcode of the game before it ships
Old 02-24-2009, 01:41 AM
Registered Member

Yes it would get slaughtered in the fall if it releases then. Now I'm no advertising guru and I'm not sure what the cost are but I would think a smart idea would be running ads on the front page of myspace once it gets closer to the release date. Sort of the same way movies advertise on myspace as well. Just an idea. With a cool trailer autoplaying when you log into it, would be sure to grab attention. But it has to be an attention grabbing trailer...not just some planes flying around to bad music as somebody in another post put it.

Last edited by Scottyb825; 02-24-2009 at 01:47 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 02-24-2009, 06:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyb825 View Post
Yes it would get slaughtered in the fall if it releases then. Now I'm no advertising guru and I'm not sure what the cost are but I would think a smart idea would be running ads on the front page of myspace once it gets closer to the release date. Sort of the same way movies advertise on myspace as well. Just an idea. With a cool trailer autoplaying when you log into it, would be sure to grab attention. But it has to be an attention grabbing trailer...not just some planes flying around to bad music as somebody in another post put it.
honestly , the very best advertising they could possibly do is release a solid gameplay demo a few weeks before release.

I dont think myspace ads would do anything for this game , in fact , most people know that adds for games on social networking sites are those terrible web browser games , so it would be like labling the game shi*** from the start
Old 02-25-2009, 03:18 AM
Approved Member

(This comment is in reference to xbox 360 BOP sales only)

Honestly Xboxlive is the best marketing you can have for a 360 game.
I have never seen anything like it in console gaming or even gaming.

Word of mouth sells games on the 360. Everything is so intertwined that word of mouth can make a game a huge hit or it can kill it before the full game hits the shelves. I have seen games run tv ads left and right and still fall to the waste side in under a month. If a top notch demo hits LIVE then that demo will sell the game,because Xboxlive is like a Old ladies hair salon ! Really it is ! Gaming Gossip/word of mouth is the ultimate form of marketing on the 360. Any game company that doesn't understand that by now is headed for problems with their games sales on a 360 game.
Lets pray that 1C understands that and grasps it full on. They can't afford to not release a demo and top notch Action trailers onto Xboxlive.

DESODE