Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:12 AM
machoo

Default 'Red Tails' New WW2 movie coming out ;)

The story of the Tuskegee Airmen, the first African-American pilots to fly in a combat squadron during World War II.

check out the trailer , sweeeeeeeet CGI air battles

P51's , B17's , Me262's , 109's all featured in the trailer , yew!

January 2012.

The only scary thing is George Lucas may be behind it. Uh oh......

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3239156761/

Last edited by machoo; 10-27-2011 at 06:15 AM.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:33 AM
Approved Member

S!

George Lucas went haywire long time ago as seen on his kiddytale Star Wars new episodes. After seeing the trailer of this WW2 film = not gonna touch it with a long pole. Same as would fire up Wings of Prey Another Pearl Harbor style shoot'em up movie..Should have made a better tribute to the Tuskegee Airmen who served their country during those times.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:48 AM
Tvrdi

we had a post about this movie months ago...
Old 10-27-2011, 07:57 AM
Approved Member

I expect the movie will trivialise and cheapen the real life deeds of the Tuskegee airmen.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:03 AM
Approved Member

Just seeing the clip of the P-51 doing an Su27 style backflip is enough for me to leave well alone.

Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Old 10-27-2011, 08:29 AM
Tvrdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongodriver View Post
Just seeing the clip of the P-51 doing an Su27 style backflip is enough for me to leave well alone.
yep, unfortunately you can find such bull **** in all aviation movies...But I dont mind because it couldnt be worse than Pearl Harbour....actually I think its a decent movie..
Old 10-27-2011, 10:20 AM
machoo

Quote:

What this isnt realistic? The Ai do this kind of stuff all the time .....
Old 10-27-2011, 09:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
tbf i think that comes from a pilot account, i remember seeing a very similar move in a clip from (i know) the history channel not too long ago.
MOBO - MB-EVGA122CKNF68BR
RAM - ddr2 6gb @800mhz
GPU - nVidia geforce GTX 280 1gb
Old 10-28-2011, 04:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
You would think if you were making a WW2 Air combat movie you would at least know how aircraft fly, and what is possible and all the little cavets of dogfighting such as high and low yo-yo's and scissors and boom and zoom. It is frusturating to see how the aircraft move in that trailer...really lame acctually...I would probly thin the animators know little about WW2 Aircombat. They should of fired up IL2 and did some flying to get an idea!

but the CGI looks awesome and i all my favorite aircraft are in it (Wheres the FW 190??) so i am happy there is a movie coming out that can represent air battles like never before...love CGI.

I would hope to see at least something interesting and respectable like the germans using engergy tactics...

*Edit* I just looked at the trailer again and the movment is ok....just the backflip thing is odd and obviously put in for show...

Last edited by SIDWULF; 10-28-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Approved Member

F^k yeah baby, these trailers have me pumped just like your momma!!

This is my most anticipated movie release by a long shot.

I can remember reading an article about George Lucas researching WWII footage for the flight attack flight sequences in Star Wars against the Death Star and thinking to myself, just imagine if this guy ever did a WWII movie!!

Oh yeah baby it's happening right now!!!

@Bearcat, this must be of interest you right? When I first saw your sig all those years ago @ UBI, I didn't even know what the Red Tails was in your sig!

Between then and now... man do I get it... Salute and also thank you again for being a friend and comrade with MM!!

CS.

Last edited by CrazySchmidt; 10-28-2011 at 11:18 AM.