Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Assault Squad

Men of War: Assault Squad Sequel to the critically acclaimed real-time tactics game Men of War

Old 09-27-2011, 01:45 AM
Approved Member

Default Huge fps drop

Hi,

It seems that my experience with MoW is as bitter as it can be. I'm experiencing huge fps drops in single player vs the AI. I've read somewhere that it's a problem with the ai pathfinding and somehow there's a loop that grinds the cpu down.

Anyone found a fix for that or is it just a hidden 'jewel' from the developers ?

I see that MoW Vietnam is out but nobody does anything to fix these serious issues. Even though, it's not their fault ... it's mine, for buying this piece of junk.

Practically I can't play the game, it plays ok for a while and then it goes from 40-50 fps to 7. Also, when it slows down, the GPU usage is very low. I don't know what the hell is happening.

CPU: Intel i5-2400
RAM: 4Gb
GPU: Gigabyte 550Ti GTX

Last edited by SilentScream; 09-27-2011 at 01:49 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:09 AM
Registered Member

Sorry to say but this is one of the many hidden jewels amongst all the glittering stars the devs decided to put in this game.

Only solution I found so far that does work 100% is:

save -> quit -> restart

By the way, adding memory does prolong the moments between suffering, so there is definitely some infinite loop or mem leak somewhere.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:29 AM
Approved Member

In my case restarting the game doesn't help. I can provide the saved game at the exact moment when this happens ver 1.96. Obviously, something is happening in the background with this game since the glitch exists even when I reload a saved game.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:13 PM
Registered Member

Okay, if you want I can try to download your savefile. Play a couple of minutes and see if it crashes. If not I can get you back the savefile and you can see if your PC manages to survive beyond the point you constantly crash now.

Just let me know.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliep View Post
Okay, if you want I can try to download your savefile. Play a couple of minutes and see if it crashes. If not I can get you back the savefile and you can see if your PC manages to survive beyond the point you constantly crash now.

Just let me know.
I never said that the game crashes, it slows down to practically being unplayable.

Here is the specific save game joc 1.zip
Old 09-28-2011, 01:15 PM
Registered Member

I'll give it a try this evening and on your semantics issue can you tell me the difference in the unplayability of the game?