Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Old 09-12-2011, 04:02 PM
Approved Member

Default Spit Mk1 Boost?

I can't seem to see or get any noticeable performance change with 'boost cut off' enabled or disabled.

I have been testing it at various altitudes climbing/level flight/throttle variables, etc. I would be grateful if someone could offer their results.

AMD A8 5600K Quad Core 3.6 Ghz - Win 7 64 - 8Gb Ram - GTX660ti 2Gb VRAM - FreeTrack - X52 - Asus 23' Monitor.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Approved Member

~S~ m8

Are you getting yer 110% out the throttle too?
Old 09-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Approved Member

Are you flying with 'Complex engine management'?,this would be important to establish.

Alienware Aurora|Win 7 64-bit Home Premium|IC i7-920 Processor (Quad-Core)|14GB DDR3 RAM|1 TB SATA 7200rpm Hard Drive|GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE 3 X fan|Thrustmaster Warthog|Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals,throttle quadrant and Cessna trim wheel|TrackIR4|Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy!

Last edited by Plt Off JRB Meaker; 09-12-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Approved Member

I had problem with this too, till i ffigured out what the "cutout" does.

Boost cut out is a little lever that prevents the throttle from going all the way forward (in the "red")

If you disable cutoff,you will be able to move throttle a little bit extra.

But if you already have your throttle at 100% you won´t be able to push it further so you have to move it back a bit to "reset". and then you can get that extra 10% (or whatever). You will hear sound effects warning you that its not a good idea to leave it for long

But the cutoff itself does nothing to your power. Look closely at the throttle and you will figure it out.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman View Post
I had problem with this too, till i ffigured out what the "cutout" does.

Boost cut out is a little lever that prevents the throttle from going all the way forward (in the "red")

If you disable cutoff,you will be able to move throttle a little bit extra.

But if you already have your throttle at 100% you won´t be able to push it further so you have to move it back a bit to "reset". and then you can get that extra 10% (or whatever). You will hear sound effects warning you that its not a good idea to leave it for long

But the cutoff itself does nothing to your power. Look closely at the throttle and you will figure it out.
Good post. "Boost cutout" is a bit of an obtuse label. It should've been "Throttle Gate" which could be toggled open or closed. At least with this beta we can now close the gate after going full boost if we want to. I believe in the real Spits there was a bit of wire that would be cut if full boost was used to clue in the ground crew that further engine checks were in order.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Approved Member

Yes spot on Snapper it's the smallest little 'gate' in red with 'PUSH' on it positioned at the front of the throttle,and just allows you to move the throttle about another 10% as Ze-Jamz and Superman have already informed us.

The new patch now allows us to switch this off,which as Superman points out is important,as you don't want this on for long periods.

Alienware Aurora|Win 7 64-bit Home Premium|IC i7-920 Processor (Quad-Core)|14GB DDR3 RAM|1 TB SATA 7200rpm Hard Drive|GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE 3 X fan|Thrustmaster Warthog|Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals,throttle quadrant and Cessna trim wheel|TrackIR4|Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy!

Last edited by Plt Off JRB Meaker; 09-12-2011 at 05:24 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Approved Member

Thanks guys, I know how to use it but has anyone tested to see what performance increase they are actually seeing in flight with it enabled?

AMD A8 5600K Quad Core 3.6 Ghz - Win 7 64 - 8Gb Ram - GTX660ti 2Gb VRAM - FreeTrack - X52 - Asus 23' Monitor.