Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Approved Member

Default Please 1C some BOB info...we beg you

Please a little info on BOB. Anything would be helpful. "we cannot talk because we are in the final stages of talks with new publisher" fine, just give us something. Are you shooting for a 08 release date? Can you give us a year block of time time frame 08...09...10. Web site? Release some video or game descripition screenies. Something....Anything.
Yes we get a couple of Oleg question answer threads and a few old dev screenies. Why is this project being handled this way? Google the game Spore which will be released "someday" and you are flooded with info, video, interviews, and hundreds of in game screen shots.
Please forum members everyone hit this thread and maybe we will get some INFO.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Approved Member

Well it would be nice but if Oleg does not want to release any more info yet there is not much we can do about it except be patient.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Approved Member

I think that the sentiment is that we are quite happy today as we just recently had a glimpse of BoB and a beta patch for Il-2.

As for the release date, take a look backwards how this “community” have treated broken “promises”, guesses or hints about releases historically and you will understand the silence. Perhaps even appreciate it.

Viking
Old 01-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Approved Member

Yes I am very happy with 46 and am happy to get the 4.09 whenever it comes along. That is all well and good.
I am being patient. Four years have gone by. Am I crazy to ask for some in game screenies & vids once a month for a game that has been in production for four years and is heading for release (in Nov 06). Maybe a web site! I am a very loyal 1c customer and have bought every form of this game since 01. Heck I even bought the half baked Theater Of War because of the rep of this company. Anyway.....that's my .02 I just want some information. Can I get a hug?
Old 01-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Approved Member

And lets not forget UBI holds the cards here and they put a stop to all infos. So it's not just up to 1Cs free will. It's a bit more complicated than just somebody wanting to do something or not.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:47 PM
Approved Member

oh and as an extra, I do believe that Oleg woud have a holliday, as it's around the day after the orthodox christmas over in russia.

So in this case, a belated happy holidays Oleg.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:58 PM
Global Moderator

Lack of information and not much in the way of marketing are just things that go with IL2.

You likeeee the simeeee, you waiteeeee.

Oleg telleeee when he readeeeeeee.

As I recall we just go another patch for IL2 1946. Am I mistaken or something? Now how many more patches does that give us over MSFT products, and all the other combat flight sim software releases, i.e, CFS2, Jane's WW2 Fighters, Falcon 4.0, etc. Let's see no patch releases from MSFT for CFS1, CFS2 and one release for CFS3... I think the standard number of patch releases for any combat flight sim has been zero to 1 patches total.

Oleg is doing the best he can I'm sure of it, and when we finally get the BOB SOW it'll be a worth the wait.

You do have Oleg answers and some information releases on this forums.

Last edited by nearmiss; 01-08-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Approved Member

I am not complaining at all about the 46 game. I have had IL2 on my PC since 11/01. The reason I love this game is mostly due to the backing and shared passion of the creating team which shows in the product. The patches and the added content are amazing. As I already stated I bought Theatre of War game because of the 1C rep. No other flight sim comes close and none live on my PC.
I will enjoy 46 until BOB is released. That does not change my hunger for information about BOB.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:14 AM
Approved Member

I'm, generally speaking, satiated. There is enough news to gloat over compared to the past few years - so I say tighten your belts.

Of course, the moment Oleg shows footage of wings warping under aerodynamic stress or complex damage/physics models for ground objects it will be a different story... then I won't be able to wait until I get a copy in my hands!

S!
Old 01-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avimimus View Post
I'm, generally speaking, satiated. There is enough news to gloat over compared to the past few years - so I say tighten your belts.

Of course, the moment Oleg shows footage of wings warping under aerodynamic stress or complex damage/physics models for ground objects it will be a different story... then I won't be able to wait until I get a copy in my hands!

S!
I agree. I suspect that when it's released it won't be a rushed buggy product with endless updates. It has to be right first time or sales will suffer.

The original il2 was perfect for it's time and I'm sure the devs are going to do the same with SoW BoB.

I'm prepared to wait as long as it takes.

Best Regards,
MB_Avro.