Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-12-2016, 10:37 AM
Approved Member

Default Online community, HyberLobby etc.

Been away for 6 years from il2 and I am wondering if IL2 is still active online.
Installed hyberlobby and there where just around 30 players online.

Is Il2 dead online or are there any other servers where to join?
I personally like fullreal settings.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:00 PM
Approved Member

Well its quieter than it was 6 years ago.

And the latest HSFX news is not good as they stopped modding IL2 1946 mainly due to new file structure in last TD patch release.

Interest is disappearing either through natural disinterest (age related) or lack of interest due to its genre (WW2 flight sim/game) or no further mod support.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:56 PM
Approved Member

Couple of us still fly co-ops in the evening. Usually around 6-9 pm US eastern time. Usually not full real but pretty close. Though I am sure we probably could do full real ever once in a while.
Old 10-15-2016, 07:31 AM
Approved Member

On this link you can usually find some nicely populated servers
---> http://il2.com.ru/en/links.php

Hope it helps
Old 10-15-2016, 01:50 PM
Approved Member

The HFXS and it's (lack of) quality would be otherwise irrelevant to this topic, had it not been the modding community that also had a part in dividing and eventually indirectly diminishing Il-2's online audience. Good thing that there are times when servers are populated enough to play.
Old 10-17-2016, 04:05 PM
Approved Member

Is Steam partly to blame also? I saw IL2 Stalingrad advertised on there for it's release. Looks great but I don't care about using Steam for flight sims. They won't let you mod like we normally did.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janosch View Post
The HFXS and it's (lack of) quality would be otherwise irrelevant to this topic, had it not been the modding community that also had a part in dividing and eventually indirectly diminishing Il-2's online audience. Good thing that there are times when servers are populated enough to play.
I agree 100%. Hackers(modders) dumping various versions of IL2 onto Hyperlobby divided the community and destroyed the population on servers making them all less attractive. Hacks(mods) were also responsible for keeping new pilots away from IL2 because instead of them having one simple choice with which they could participate in the entire community, they had to choose between multiple versions and specific servers those versions could be used on.

There was no good reason for hacking IL2. The hacks came from individuals who cared more about what THEY wanted than the good of the sim and community at large, and what you see now on Hyperlobby, nothing, is the end result.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:57 PM
Approved Member

We don't fly through hyperlobby but if you are looking for a squad to fly with the BLACKBIRDS always welcomes new pilots.

NO membership fees and training always available if required.

If you are interested you can contact me through our website

www.blackbirdssquadron.com/blackbirdssquadron

BB_Rayner